Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
At TripActions, “It’s all about the user. All of them.” We’re passionate about providing a seamless one-stop experience for business travelers, no matter how they travel, where they stay, or where they’re going.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At TripActions, we are constantly striving to make the most reliable and scalable systems possible to ensure that our platform is available to our travelers when they need it most. With our exponential growth, we have many exciting challenges up ahead. We are expanding our Site Reliability Engineering team to tackle these obstacles and provide world-class availability to our travelers.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Site Reliability Engineer to design and develop the tooling, automation and infrastructure services that power the TripActions app used by thousands of travelers on a daily basis. You will work most closely with the Amsterdam engineering team, and will have many friendly peers and cross-functional partners also in the Palo Alto office to see and work with regularly.
The impact you’ll make:
Finding and automating the toil out of our processes. You’d prefer to automate it entirely, or build a tool to empower your users rather than be the gatekeeper to the tool.
Designing, implementing and operating cloud infrastructure. You’re a fit for us if you think in terms of infrastructure as code, deployment pipelines, and building the guardrails to make going fast also going safely.
Identifying reliability anti-patterns and solving them systemically. You dive deep into the data to evaluate the health of your systems, and you use it to improve visibility and reliability across the fleet of services.
Build more intelligent monitoring systems. The observability of your systems is the key to making good decisions, and you take your tooling seriously. You’re comfortable with logs, love metrics, and can dive into APM data just as well.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience as an SRE (or Infrastructure Software Engineer, or DevOps Engineer)
- Experience building and operating distributed systems in AWS, using CI/CD to ship code to production using tools such as maven and Jenkins
- Experience with Microservice architecture and related reliability patterns such as throttling, queueing, and retries
- You have been automating away manual tasks using python, bash and ruby
- You have been writing Infrastructure as Code in Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience building, using, and automating monitoring systems such as SignalFX, Kibana, Grafana
- Strong sense of ownership demonstrated through shipping production-quality code and infrastructure equipped with testing, monitoring and documentation
- Passion for solving problems and learning new tools and technologies
- Excellent communication skills working with stakeholders and domain experts across the company to design solutions to user problems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines from scratch and scaling them up
- Database experience with RDS (MySQL), Couchbase and/or Elasticsearch
Back to top