Senior Android Engineer
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
At TripActions, “It’s all about the user. All of them.” We’re passionate about providing a seamless one-stop experience for business travelers, no matter how they travel, where they stay, or where they’re going.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Android Engineer to lead the design and development of core product features and services that power the TripActions app used by thousands of travellers on a daily basis.
Learn More About Our Teams:
Engineers at TripActions are user-obsessed and work with the latest technologies to push our travel platform forward. The Admin, Chat and Trains teams are located in Amsterdam. The Admin team is responsible for creating a flexible Policy & Approval product and state of the art Reporting & Dashboards to give our customers full and deep insights into what is happening with their travel program. Then we have the Trains team whose mission is to create an outstanding train product that our travellers love. While the Chat team is connecting our travellers with our travel agents when they need them in the most efficient & effective ways possible. As we grow we are adding more teams to the Amsterdam location.
What You’ll Do:
- Re-imagine how people travel
- Quickly implement and iterate on new and innovative ideas
- Collaborate with designers and engineers
- Analyze and optimise UI for quality, efficiency, and performance
- Live and breathe beautiful mobile experiences
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years writing, releasing, maintaining high-quality Android apps
- Strong expertise in Kotlin (experience in Java will be considered)
- Deep understanding of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to effectively write code for a multitude of Android devices
- A solid foundation of modern data structures, threading, algorithms and software design; and consistently deliver testable, scalable, highly-readable code using OO best practices.
- Solid understanding of JSON, REST and networking technologies
- Ability to recognise and implement modern product design
- Strong design sense and focus on high quality mobile experiences
Back to top