Manager of Field Operations
TRIOSE is a nationwide non-asset based logistics management firm that drives to continually set the industry standard for providing world-class logistics management services for hospitals, health systems, and health care networks. TRIOSE accomplishes this by providing innovative products, services and solutions that meet all of our clients logistics requirements by providing visibility of information, actionable and measurable results and control of the logistics processes.
The Manager of Field Operations is responsible for the strategic oversight, leadership direction, financial and operating performance of all products and services within a defined geographic area of the company. Specifically, the Manager of Field Operations is responsible for the overall annual Business Plan performance as it relates to Revenue, Gross Margin, Business Retention and Client Satisfaction objectives. The Manager of Field Operations has performance accountability to the VP of Field Operations and works within a matrix managed organization including Sales, Business Development, Product Management, Corporate Operations, Finance and support operations in HR, IT and Quality. This position has supervisory responsibility. This position works from the District Office in the Houston/Austin area. Must be willing and able to travel up to 70%.
You'd be having fun doing this and more throughout the week:
- Work with Executive Team to develop Business Plan goals with short-term and long-term goals, objectives and operating procedures.
- Ensure Revenue performance meets or exceeds Business Plan goals through business acquisition, retention and growth of existing business.
- P&L responsibility, manage direct Expense lines to Budget.
- Work with the Commercial Team and Product Managers to ensure Product and Market categories meet or exceed Business Plan goals.
- Work with the Commercial Team to develop, maintain and support key client relationships in highly complex client environments through strategic management and day to day client support activities as the operating team.
- Works with Commercial team to ensures quality service is provided to the clients, and ensures prompt follow-through on client correspondence.
- Coordinate with Commercial Team to ensure client retention and client satisfaction.
- Attends client meetings and business reviews to present operations status.
- Participates in client initiatives and provides operations input.
- Ability to analyze transportation processes and data needs of a client to develop and manage key services enhancements for the client which may include identifying new carrier or service models, working with IT to develop new tools and systems, or helping the client implement new supply chain processes to realize efficiencies and operational improvements.
- Improve operations through established standards and new ideas.
- Recommends and implements programs, policies, and strategies to increase productivity.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals.
- Works with peers within and outside the region on projects as needed.
- Apply advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects.
- Responsible for supervisory and employee development, which includes, but is not limited to hiring, training, coaching, counseling and performance appraisals.
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff may also manage front line supervisors.
- Ensures that TRIOSE's Core Values are consistently promoted and practiced.
We need you to have these competencies:
- Influencer, change Agent, Collaboration Skills
- Ability to be accountable to multiple managers
- Function within a matrix-based organization structure
- Successfully manage multiple competing priorities
- Business Acumen, Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving and Analysis, Performance Management
- Leadership, Results Driven
- Organizational and Time Management Skills
You also need these qualifications:
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in business required.
- Previous leadership experience, 5+ years leading individuals in achieving company goals
- Must demonstrate a minimum of 5+ years' experience in successfully managing Business Operations or Supply Chain, including Client Service organizations, and Profit and Loss responsibility
- Experience in working with hospital and health system supply chain desired but not required
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
See Inside the Office of TRIOSE
Founded in 1999, Triose works hand-in-hand with hospitals and healthcare companies nationwide to reduce business costs without compromising patient care. From freight, large cargo, and courier management to 3PL consulting, a team of experts is available to assist in benefiting budgets—and ultimately a client’s patients—every shipping step of the way.
Back to top