Vertical Category Manager, Healthcare
- Chicago, IL
Tribune Publishing is hiring a Vertical Category Manager focusing on Healthcare. The Vertical Category Manager partners with our account teams on expanding our partnerships with enterprises within the category. This is a unique and high-visibility role as it encompasses a skillset ranging from research to sales program development. The Manager lives in their assigned industry, knowing how consumer and macroeconomic trends are (or will) impact key brands, and how those trends affect their marketing strategy. Our strategic account teams across the company will work with you on projects and proposals related to client and prospects in the industry. You will proactively plan demand generation programs and create and communicate content that will propel our business development in the industry. Professionals that have a passion for leveraging research and intelligence to drive revenue and results will thrive in this role.
Tribune Publishing Company (TPCO) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing Company operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune , New York Daily News , The Baltimore Sun , Orlando Sentinel , South Florida's Sun-Sentinel , Virginia's Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot , The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant .
Tribune Publishing Company also operates Tribune Content Agency (TCA) and the Daily Meal and is majority owner of BestReviews. Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities.
We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
- Conduct detailed research of the healthcare industry to create strategic insights and go-to-market plans. Work with syndicated and custom research tools. Gather insights and intelligence from sources such as our account teams, public financial information, press, and syndicated research. Identify third-party research or insights tools specific to your industry that will help achieve our category objectives.
- Collect data, insights, and best practice around how our solutions impact our clients' businesses.
- Understand and interpret client data sets including CRM systems, loyalty data and customer insights, and create models and strategies that allow for direct ROI correlations.
- Accompany our sales teams to and participate in client meetings, contributing to our collective success and also extracting new knowledge for your broader industry efforts.
- Create media and marketing solutions from our portfolio that are designed to exceed our clients' objectives and KPIs. Challenge our account teams by ensuring their solutions are designed to exceed client objectives and expectations. These include custom proposals and presentations, as well as proactive sales programs that deliver turnkey media packages to saels teams based on relevant insights and trends.
- Be a critical connection point between client objectives/KPIs, marketing solution, and supporting rationale. We've expanded far beyond our legacy publisher brands into digital and experiential programs that help businesses connect to their target customers.
- Partner with our demand generation team and account teams to create programs that will build a unique value proposition in the marketplace for your industry. Identify key prospects that we must engage in order to develop strategic partnerships.
- Publish internal and external collateral (for our sales teams and clients, respectively) that will include insightful content that your audiences will find valuable-including monthly industry- and trend-focused internal webinars.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing across our company for your industries. Includes collaboration amongst sales teams; and traveling to our business units to meet with our account teams.
The primary key performance indicator for this role is revenue growth for your industry. The secondary KPIs around generating qualified leads and strengthening our publishing brands in the marketplace.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- 7+ years' experience in healthcare-related research, media planning, or strategic communications required, with particularly emphasis on large local or regional hospitals and hospital groups.
- A deep understanding of how healthcare companies and hospitals are structured in terms of decision-making and organizational structure-including general branding and service line-specific initiatives.
- Proven ability to convert your intelligence into business opportunity.
- Significant experience in building presentations, whitepapers or materials that translate data and research into concise, compelling, visually appealing materials-an advanced understanding and proficiency in Powerpoint and Excel are required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to sell and convince.
- Excellent in communicating company messaging and underlying value proposition. You must feel comfortable attending sales calls, speaking up, and standing your ground.
- Great attention to detail and project management skills. This role requires balancing several initiatives together in a fast paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Doesn't take her/himself too seriously.
- Has the fortitude to withstand an industry going through significant and rapid change, and is passionate about coming out the other side as a winner.
Back to top