The Baltimore Sun is seeking a Sports Journalist.
- The successful candidate will possess excellent reporting and writing skills, be adept at website and social media reporting, and have at least one year of reporting experience.
- The ideal candidate is also deft at photography and video.
- Candidates should thrive in team-based but competitive environment to find compelling content and be the first to report on sports events and games; enterprise riveting features, profiles and longer form stories; have the willingness to sometimes work outside his or her beat to contribute to the Baltimore Sun Media Group's mission of being the best local news source.
- This journalist would be responsible for producing daily and long-term community news coverage.
- A candidate should be able to develop sources and resources related to the beats; generate the majority of story ideas; and meet deadlines with content that contains accurate grammar and style, placing the utmost emphasis on complete, accurate and balanced reporting while maintaining high ethical standards.
Successful candidates should have a bachelor's degree, journalism preferred, and at least one year of professional reporting experience, with some background in sports.
Other requirements of the position include:
- Contributing content daily as an active member of the reporting team, ensuring readers of complete, accurate and fair coverage;
- Contributing and producing photos and videos to enhance website and print content; and alerting readers through social media;
- Unearthing, investigating and executing original story ideas in consultation with the content editor;
- Working the equivalent of a 5-day, 40-hour week, which will include night shifts and occasional weekend work;
- Assisting other reporters on issues that relate directly to their beats;
- Contributing daily to the our social media presence via Facebook, Twitter, etc;
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation
Back to top