Senior Journalist, Opinions
The South Florida Sun Sentinel is seeking a deputy editor of Opinions, someone who can deliver enterprising opinion content with accuracy, insight and speed; who can help drive community engagement online and in person; who can edit with finesse and attract readers on social media; and who wants to help create the future of opinion journalism. Editorial board experience a plus. If interested, please send a letter, resume and samples to Rosemary O'Hara, Opinions editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Superior writing skills
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in daily newspapers or online media is preferred
- In addition to writing, experience should include all phases of editing, Facility in working on deadline is a must
- Comprehensive knowledge of local community is preferred
- Broad reading habits and an open mind are needed
- Maturity in listening to grievances and inquiries from the community, and an interest in responding properly to them
- Ability to write accurately, with clarity, without bias
- Knowledge of libel laws and adherence to the SunSentinel's and Editorial's codes of ethics
- Adherence to the tronc and editorial codes of ethics
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
- Competitive instincts
- Ability to multitask and perform in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work independently when required while at the same time operate efficiently in a team dynamic
- Up-to-date skills on various digital platforms
- Quick-turnaround skills
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms and ability to develop/follow best practices for social.
Meet Some of Tribune Publishing's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top