- Deerfield Beach, FL
Responsible for protection of employees, visitors and properties by performing life safety and security duties in a manner that is consistent with department/company policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Maintain access control to company facilities by enforcing company policy regarding employee identification and visitor/contractor control.
- Protect company assets by enforcing company property control procedures.
- Protect company personnel and property by ensuring that a safe and orderly workplace is maintained.
- Utilize all types of department equipment and systems to facilitate security and safety at all properties.
- Generate written incident reports of security, fire, and environment/health/safety issues as defined by company/department policy.
- Respond and provide assistance to fire, medical, safety and general assistance emergency situations as defined in the emergency plans.
- Provide general assistance to employees, contractors, and visitors with a customer service oriented demeanor.
- Monitor vehicular traffic and parking control on company property.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of and comply with all general, post, and patrol orders issued by department management. Understand and follow all company policies.
- Perform administrative, operational, special detail, and safety related duties as assigned.
- Conducts safety & security inspections of the Deerfield Beach Production Facility, regional offices and distribution centers on a regular basis and reports all deficiencies noted to appropriate management personnel.
- Requires a valid Florida driver's license. One year's experience in commercial, industrial, or military security-related activity. Minimum education is a high school diploma. The ability to maintain certification in CPR/ First Aid/Heart Steam defibrillator is required.
- This position requires the ability to handle stressful situations including verbal and physical confrontations in a professional manner. Requires the ability to effectively communicate with employees, contractors, and the public. Strong writing skills are desired. Must be able to learn information of a general and technical nature. Will have the ability to understand and operate personal computer and security/safety equipment. Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, mandatory overtime, and travel to various local assignments.
- Must have good vision, smell & hearing in order to accomplish job requirement related to observation.
- Requires the ability to lift or drag a full size adult out of a dangerous situation and have the ability to lift and carry fire extinguishers and other equipment weighing up to fifty pounds.
- Must have the ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time as well as the ability to react to an emergency quickly and efficiently.
- Other mobility requirements include climbing steps & ladders, bending, crawling and working in confined spaces.
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that's the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
Tribune Publishing (NASDAQ:TPCO) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune , New York Daily News , The Baltimore Sun , Orlando Sentinel , South Florida's Sun-Sentinel , Virginia's Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot , The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant .
In addition to award-winning local media businesses, Tribune Publishing operates national and international brands such as Tribune Content Agency and the Daily Meal , and is the majority owner of the product review website BestReviews .
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
Back to top