In print and online, The Baltimore Sun reaches nearly 900,000 readers each week in the Baltimore area, making us the region's most widely read source of news and information. As we continue building our exciting digital future, it's our mission to serve our community by delivering the truth every day, engaging our readers and driving results for our advertisers.
A Sales Planner acts as the primary point person for the execution of all campaigns (with an emphasis on Digital executions). This role is responsible for the coordination of all advertising campaigns which include the submission of proposals, assisting management and sales teams with client needs, and working with Marketing, Creative, and Ad Operations teams on implementation and execution. Sales Planners will work directly with Multimedia Sales Reps to provide clients with the most efficient and effective experience when partnering with their respective Tribune Publishing property.
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that's the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
• Build awareness of Tribune Publishing's portfolio of Digital and Print offerings and capabilities within the market
• Assist sales team in achieving sales revenue targets (with an emphasis on driving digital revenue)
• Interface with agencies/ clients on all aspects of campaign ideation, execution, and implementation
• Work with sales team on all pre- and post-sales activity and act as the primary point of contact for all aspects of campaign execution:
o Respond to all RFPs and client requests by creating media plans that meet client objectives
o Assist in pitching and developing campaigns/ media plans - ensure correct product mix and pricing strategies
o Identify site audience/ demographics and ideal media mix for advertiser objectives and leverage resources for a competitive advantage
o Respond to requests about inventory, ad products, creative specifications, etc.
o Coordinate with relevant internal departments on all levels of campaign execution (Marketing, Ad Operations, Development, etc.)
o Ensure all sold products are routed to the appropriate fulfillment teams or vendors
o Work with Ad Ops team on execution, fulfillment, and correct billing of campaigns
o Work with Creative team (if necessary) to build creative/ ad units for campaign execution
o Process and manage Insertion Orders utilizing Tribune Publishing's tools and systems
o Work with Ad Ops to provide recommendations for Optimization based on client KPIs
o Provide campaign wrap-up report
• Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience
• Must have prior digital experience (campaign/ client management preferred)
• Show a high degree of self-motivation and work well within an individual and team environment
• Must have strong customer focus that conveys responsiveness and competence
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Exceptional presentation skills - creation and delivery
• Demonstrate self-direction and ability to work autonomously
• Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Organized, with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
• Desire to learn different aspects of digital advertising