Regional Events Director
The Regional Events Director has strategic oversight of all aspects of the events business management to drive consumer and sponsor revenue for assigned markets. This position will oversee event sales and strategy, financial planning, budget management, and localization of signature and custom events. The director will lead cross departmental collaboration with a focus on driving impactful, revenue generating, and high quality events. This position leads communication and is the main point of contact for local leadership, finance, advertising, and editorial teams.
- Create and oversee annual and long term events strategies to grow events revenue.
- Understand assigned markets and audiences in sufficient depth to support initiatives through revenue driven concepts and appropriate marketing programs.
- Collaborate with national event team to design and implement a deep portfolio of signature and custom events for assigned markets.
- Financial oversight, budgetary planning and reporting.
- Responsible for driving event sponsorship and consumer revenue for region.
- Oversees local implementation of national sales and sponsorship strategy.
- Manage communications and act as main point of contact for regional GMs, publishers, and leaders in advertising, editorial, finance and circulation.
- Compile and distribute weekly executive communications and financial reports including but not limited to updates on key initiatives, goals, P&L reporting and event analysis.
- Work cross departmentally with advertising, editorial, marketing, audience development, and events sales, production and programming teams to fully integrate and leverage capabilities to grow events.
- Oversee local implementation of national vendors, technology and strategies.
- Work closely with local advertising leadership to ensure awareness of event opportunities for new and existing clients.
- Partner with editorial teams in region to integrate and align local content where applicable.
- Oversight of hyperlocal event production.
- Manage day to day responsibilities of any assigned direct reports to ensure highest level of efficiencies and productivity.
- Manage regional event sales account managers, coordinators and contractors.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related event experience.
- Minimum 8+ years of event management, marketing, production, and operations experience required.
- Senior leadership experience in conceptualizing, selling and executing events.
- Excellent budget management skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to understand and partner with other departments and leaders.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be key decision maker both onsite and in a business setting.
- Travel required.
Meet Some of Tribune Publishing's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top