PT Truck Driver
The Baltimore Sun is hiring part time drivers! - Class A
Responsible for prompt and accurate deliveries of Baltimore Sun news and editorial products, advertising products and other alternate products designated for delivery. These will include deliveries to warehouses, post offices, storage sheds and other locations as directed by Supervisor.
- Safely loads/unloads truck with materials for delivery.
- Returns empty skids, cardboard, unused product to production facility.
- Complete a thorough pre-trip & post-trip inspection on every vehicle driven.
- Complete an accurate DVIR (Driver's Vehicle Inspection Report) on every vehicle driven
- Separate warehouse manifests & deliver warehouse mail bins with activity mail, manifests, etc.
- Match draw on loading reports to delivery manifests and verify accuracy before departure
- Rebuilds skids of paper if contents shift during transportation.
- Operates vehicle in a safe manner during the course of performing responsibilities, complying with motor vehicle code regulations.
- Verify all assigned truck loading reports by physically checking and counting truck loads before departure
- Fuel and clean truck after each delivery
- Follow all published office rules and warehouse delivery policies and procedures
- Perform any and all other duties assigned by managers and / or dispatchers
- Requires Class "A" commercial license
- Must be forklift certified
- Excellent driving record
- Working knowledge of city and surrounding counties and ability to follow directions
- Must be able to pass a D.O.T. pre-employment physical and continuing annual D.O.T. physicals
- Must pass D.O.T. and Baltimore Sun mandated random drug and breath alcohol tests
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Two plus years of related experience and/ or training
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Back to top