Production Systems Technician
Job Title: Production Systems Technician
The candidate will provide daily support on all production process control and related systems which include production planning, support and maintenance of production applications, servers, databases, networks, and other network connected devices. Provide technical assistance to resolve issues and communicate resolutions to management. The individual will support current and future production systems projects, which include working with vendors to install, commission, monitor and troubleshoot systems.
Days: Weekend work schedule (TBD): 5 days - 8 hours per day work schedule
Hours: 8PM to 4AM or 9PM to 5AM or 10PM to 6AM
Subject to change to accommodate production requirements.
The candidate will be involved in providing daily production planning, support of the Production Process Control and related systems. He/She will work closely with technical personnel and operations to identify and resolve any systems issue, minimize production downtime and improve quality.
Prepare daily production planning setup for all the print publications.
Conduct daily pre-production check on all production systems.
Provide daily systems support on all production operating systems, servers and databases.
Responsible for repairing Production Equipment PC and configure appropriate software applications.
Maintain preventive maintenance procedures on all production servers and systems.
Monitor levels and inventory all production equipment computers spare parts
(i.e., computers, hard drive, memory card, NIC).
Interface with different users to ensure that systems are used accordingly. Provide continuous technical assistance and training.
Assist in evaluating new hardware platform and software applications used on production systems.
Work on system related projects assigned by Production Engineering and Management.
* The responsibilities are not limited to above and will be modified to accommodate production requirements.
The following qualifications are desired:
- Technical Degree
- Newspaper production systems support
- MCP or MCSE
- 3+ years working experience with Microsoft 2003 + operating systems
- 3+ years configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining of client-server systems
- Experience in supporting manufacturing distributed control systems
- Knowledgeable on networking topologies and SQL databases
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in a logical, focused and timely manner minimizing production downtime and optimize production systems uptime
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
Meet Some of Tribune Publishing's Employees
Lynette W.Media Sales Executive
Lynette partners with local companies to reach their business goals through strategic advertising solutions. Based on these goals, she recommends the best solution, whether that be digital, print, or a hosted event.
Back to top