Production Paper Handler (Part-Time)
The Part-Time Paperhandler position is responsible for supplying newsprint and waste carts to the presses and removal of full waste carts to bailer area. Will at times operate bailer and core unwinder equipment as needed.
- To ensure compliance and support of all safety regulations, initiatives and programs promoting a safe and healthy work environment
- Cut/remove roll ends/heads, scan bar code and inspecting for quality issues, damage.
- Program rolls into computer for distribution to designated lanes based on size and manufacture of rolls.
- Monitors rolls around each loop and updates the system accordingly.
- Interfaces with Pressmen and is aware of the production schedule so as to coordinate the correct loop inventory with daily demand.
- Provide roll butts/ paper and dollies to presses for set-ups and press runs.
- Locates and resolves electrical, mechanical, and computer operations to ensure efficient and uninterrupted flow of Newsprint to presses.
- To act on and ensure the processing of press waste, wrapper, white and core crates in a timely manner and according to SOP.
- Reconditioning and recycling of damaged rolls and butts to the baler/damage area so as to enhance their reutilization - decrease Newsprint loss.
- Operation of the baler, ensuring proper separation, identification, and recycling of Newsprint waste for maximum revenue return.
- Operation of the core unwinder removing residual paper from cores and small rolls also ensuring the white waste is bailed and cores are bundled according to SOP
- Safety Conscious
- The ability to read and write reports as typically acquired through a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Requires analytical skills necessary to monitor automatic equipment.
- Must be able to visually identify mechanical failure and repair the failure or immediately request necessary service.
- Requires physical dexterity to lift up to 50 pounds and move material. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have/be:
- Desire to work hard
- Interpersonal skills and possess the ability to communicate with all personnel
- Team Player.
- Detail Oriented
- Must be able to change work assignments on short notice and be flexible in scheduling including working all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Back to top