Process Improvement Accounting Manager
P rocess Improvement Accounting Manager is responsible for directing, driving and managing process improvements across tronc's General Accounting organization, particularly as it relates to employing technological solutions to current business problems. Assist the General Accounting business and function leaders in identifying improvement opportunities for their areas and help translate those opportunities into gainful projects. Support current and future projects serving as the finance subject matter expert. Liaise with the tronc technical team to resolve broken or insufficient existing solutions. Take the lead on finance integrations for any mergers and acquisitions.
Develop and/or direct initiatives that:
- Lead and support ERP implementations and upgrades for the finance team; requirements gathering, testing, training, cutover activities, hyper-care support, etc.
- Lead, advise and develop Accounting team members on initiatives to improve processes (e.g. shorten closing cycle, improve accuracy of reported results, account reconciliations, etc.)
- Maximize effectiveness of General Accounting Power User community while collaborating with functional owners and IT technical team.
- Drive efforts to strengthen accounting team application knowledge (training)
- Take part in cross-functional teams by collaborating across Accounting Team, IT and other functional teams
- Take the lead on any merger or acquisition integrations for the Corporate Accounting team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 4 year college degree required with emphasis in Accounting preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of accounting experience, Big Four Experience preferred
- Previous Supervisory Experience
- CPA and /or MBA desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel to other tronc locations
- Detailed and customer service oriented
- Deadline oriented and willingness to work additional hours to meet those deadlines
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
- Sound knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Well-developed Oracle skills with Access skills desirable
Back to top