Sun Sentinel, Deerfield Beach
The Press Team Leader directs and coordinates personnel production of a quality product adhering to established time requirements.
Direct and motivate a workforce, insuring employees are properly motivated to exhibit a positive attitude. Provide professional leadership and direction to all Press Department employees.
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that's the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
Help train and develop Press Department employees towards reaching their maximum potential. Maintain clear communication of performance standards and feedback. Ensure the employee performance process is properly completed and communicated to the workforce. Ensure quality, reliability, waste, productivity and safety standards are maintained during production. Perform routine process related maintenance. Complete daily production records and file production materials. Insure that work areas remain neat and orderly. Team with Press Operations Managers to insure production of a quality product adhering to established time requirements. Perform other duties as requested by manager.
- Candidates should have a college degree or equivalent leadership experience in a production environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a time sensitive environment. Ability to apply written instructions to equipment set up.
- Basic PC skills (Excel, Word, Outlook). Individual must be safety conscious, detail oriented, self-motivated, and reliable.
- Strong organizational, communication, problem solving, and analytical skills to effectively supervise a significant workforce.
- Flexibility of working weekends, holidays, and extended hours as required.
Tribune Publishing Company also operates Tribune Content Agency (TCA) and the Daily Meal.
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities