Pre-Print Inserter (Production)
The Insert Staffer performs various duties in preparing insert preprints for bulk delivery including loading preprints into the insert machine hopper feeder, loading completed bundles onto skids, preparing inserts for post office delivery and cleaning insert area. Schedule may vary depending on amount of preprints. Employees must have a high degree of safety awareness.
- Feed preprints into insert machine hopper neatly and accurately.
- Monitor insert machine to reduce double inserts and/or skips so that all jackets have correct inserts.
- Remove completed bundles, weighing 10 to 50 pounds and stack neatly for next step in packaging delivery.
- Perform general clean-up of papers, skids and debris that accumulate during the workday.
- Employees must have a high degree of safety awareness.
- High School graduation or its equivalent (production experience preferred)
- Above average problem solving skills necessary to monitor and repair automatic inserting and collating equipment
- Requires physical dexterity to lift and move material, must be able to stand for long periods of time and must be able to lift or pile newspaper products that vary in weight from 10 to 50 pounds or more at one time
- Must be able to change work assignments on short notice and be flexible in scheduling
- Position requires working in production areas while forklifts, pallet jacks, inserting and related equipment is in use
Back to top