National Events Manager
The National Events Manager is responsible for managing the event design and execution of assigned events across the Tribune Publishing portfolio. This position develops event identity, value proposition, vitals, audience experience, programming/content assumptions, style/flow mandates, promotion, production & operational musts, timeline, and data strategy for each assigned event. The National Event Manager oversees implementation of production, operations, logistics and promotional plans across all markets.
Working cross departmentally with event sales, programming, marketing, and regional leaders to create first class event experiences that drive audience and generate consumer and sponsor revenue.
- Set creative and operational direction for design, development and execution of all event in assigned pillars.
- Create playbooks establishing purpose, audience, dynamics, experience, standard operating procedures and guidelines for all events in pillar.
- Develop exceptional attendee experience from first point of contact, through flow of event, post event touch points and year-round communications.
- Design fear of missing out and can't buy experiences into each assigned event.
- Oversee and manage execution of event playbooks. Ensure benchmarks and timelines are met and adhered to by producers.
- Manage timely delivery of projects and materials ensuring fiscally responsible development and execution, with appropriate accountability and oversight of producers on assigned projects.
- Oversight of production, venues, vendors, operations & logistics.
- Manage day to day oversight of all producers on assigned projects to ensure highest level of efficiencies and productivity.
- Liaison with programming, regional leaders, and internal and external partners to integrate content into event programming to align with audience passion points and drive attendance.
- Conceptualize, manage and implement strategies for sponsorship integration.
- Develop data capture strategy with multiple touch points to understand audience passion points and desired engagement.
- Monitor event industry trends and make recommendations to keep events team positioned as a leader in the industry.
- Understand and stay current with assigned categories and audiences in sufficient depth to support inactive growth and strategic design
- Research new and existing partnerships that would benefit from across all events.
- Evaluates and implement new scalable events, activations and technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related event experience.
- Minimum 8+ years of event management, marketing, production, and operations experience required.
- Senior leadership experience in conceptualizing and producing events.
- Full spectrum of event management capabilities from strategy to execution.
- Excellent marketing, promotion and design skills.
- Ability to create, manage and track event P&L's and timelines
- Ability to organize, multi-task and maintain professional customer service skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be key decision maker both onsite.
- Strong ability collaborate and partner with internal and external partners.
- Travel required
- Must be able to change work assignments on short notice and be able to work any shift, early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
Back to top