The Virginian-Pilot The online media news source for the five cities of South Hampton Roads as well as several smaller towns across southeast Virginia and northeast North Carolina.
The Virginian-Pilot has a rich, 154-year history and an exciting digital future. It's our mission to serve our community, engage our readers and drive results for our advertisers.
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that's the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
Responsible for directly closing sales of products and/or services in order to meet individual/team goals and the organization's business objectives. Creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline. Primary focus is on aggressive development of new clients and growing existing business with local medium to large accounts.
New business opportunities while identifying client ad sales opportunities. Manages multiple accounts with a small to medium book of business. Services existing relationships and seeks new opportunities to sell deeper into our portfolio of products with the ultimate goal of growing digital and print revenue.
Maximize revenue through consultative sales approach with ability to represent solutions across the full portfolio of Tribune Publishing solutions
Foster and develop professional relationships within the community and client organizations by attending community, chamber, industry and client functions. Identify customer needs through pre call planning, utilization of marketing resources, competitive analysis, and customer feedback, in order to connect meaningful media solutions across the Tribune portfolio
Maintain adherence to internal processes and reporting to ensure that all aspects of campaign management are executed correctly. Utilizes extensive understanding of account base and related industries to help identify trends and patterns within specific verticals.
Works collaboratively across the organization to build meaningful cross-platform new and existing client solutions. Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications. Required to attend internal training and skill development workshops. Utilize support roles and resources in order to maximize sales time. Deliver uncompromising customer support and attention to detail. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business (Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Advertising concentration preferred) or preferred three plus years equivalent sales experience
- High digital sales acumen preferred
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing a CRM and Microsoft Office products to manage day to day activities
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven fast paced work environment, will train the right candidate
- Effective relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated success in meeting revenue goals
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, communication, written and presentation skills Self-starter, possess high energy, creative and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills and financial business acumen skills
- Requires a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Travel may be necessary
Tribune Publishing Company also operates Tribune Content Agency (TCA) and the Daily Meal.
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.