Media Sales Representative
The Sun Sentinel has numerous defining chapters in our almost 110 year history. Today's chapter is firmly rooted in our employees and a winning culture -- A culture of integrity, collaboration, innovation, and continuous growth.
Based on this, and specifically as it pertains to our clients, we have morphed as a singular based solution provider, to an organization with a diversified portfolio of digital and print solutions, content development and syndication, and a wide range of agency service offerings.
But again, our greatest investment and ROI comes directly from our employees. The passion, work ethic, creativity, strategic thinking and ownership they bring to the table each and every day -- truly makes us a GRITTY sales team that expects to win.
Our Local Outside Sales Team is growing. As such, we are seeking polished hunters to increase our market penetration from Broward, up through Palm Beach County. With the majority of all businesses located in South Florida having less than 30 employees, this team is charged with:
- Engaging the SMB marketplace
- Identifying their digital infrastructure, advertising, marketing and public relations needs.
- Building targeted solutions that meet these needs
- And working with our analytics and operations teams to measure and optimize the value of each solution component; using data to drive ROI
What does success look like?
- Prospect and blueprint new businesses within the SMB space.
- Appointment dial to set up and run fact finding meetings with local decision makers
- Create and present complex campaign strategies
- Close reoccurring monthly revenue through current solutions, as well as build specialized programs to meet the individual needs of each client.
- Cultivate and manage strong relationships with key contacts
- Educate clients on industry and market trends
Do you have the right skills for success?
- GRIT - The ability to do the hard things every day.
- Analytical, organized and strong critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated, positive and competitive
- Demonstrates integrity, a client centric approach to business and a drive to win
- Written and verbal communication skills
- An innate ability and desire to work in a learning environment, in an industry that is consistently morphing
- 2-4 years sales experience
- Bachelor's Degree - preferred
Your supporting cast
What wasn't mentioned above in our vision of success and necessary skills was non-revenue generating activity. Polished hunters hunt. They value setting appointments, closing appointments, delivering a high ROI for their clients -- repeat. As such, we built teams to support your SALES efforts in the areas of operations, planning, analytics, optimization and lead-gen. We just need consummate Sales Professionals to get our story to the streets.
Proud of the trusted brand we've built in the community, but we obsess about what we could be. This starts with attracting and retaining the very best; continuously investing in their future; and making them better at their chosen profession, year-in and year-out.
Our culture is built on communication and strong leadership at every level of our business. We work hard. Expect to win. Have fun. Celebrate success. Correct as necessary. Value innovation. And deliver results.
Back to top