The Morning Call is Lehigh Valley's most widely read source of news and information. As we continue building our exciting digital future, it's our mission to serve our community by delivering the truth every day, engaging our readers and driving results for our advertisers.
Tribune Publishing is seeking to hire a Media Sales Representative for our Advertising Department at the Morning Call in Allentown, PA. This is a full-time sales position that will cultivate existing client relationships and uncover the new digital and print revenue opportunities in the local retail market. This is a great opportunity for a strong sales executive with a proven track record to work with an organization that has an enriched capacity to serve a diverse client base
Work from home while cultivating relationships with current and new businesses within the local market.
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that's the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
- Develop new business opportunities while identifying client ad sales opportunities.
- Manages multiple accounts with a small to medium book of business. Services existing relationships and seeks new opportunities to sell deeper into our portfolio of products with the ultimate goal of growing digital and print revenue.
- Maximize revenue through consultative sales approach with ability to represent solutions across the full portfolio of Tribune Publishing's solutions.
- Foster and develop professional relationships within the community and client organizations by attending community, chamber, industry and client functions.
- Identify customer needs through pre call planning, utilization of marketing resources, competitive analysis, and customer feedback, in order to connect meaningful media solutions across the Tribune portfolio.
- Maintain adherence to internal processes and reporting to ensure that all aspects of campaign management are executed correctly.
- Utilizes extensive understanding of account base and related industries to help identify trends and patterns within specific verticals.
- Works collaboratively across the organization to build meaningful cross-platform new and existing client solutions.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications. Required to attend internal training and skill development workshops.
- Utilize support roles and resources in order to maximize sales time.
- Deliver uncompromising customer support and attention to detail.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business (Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Advertising concentration preferred) and preferred three plus years equivalent sales experience
- High digital sales acumen required
- Media Industry knowledge
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing a CRM and Microsoft Office products to manage day to day activities
- Ability to excel in a highly competitive environment and adaptability to a rapidly evolving media landscape
- Effective relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated success in meeting revenue goals
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, communication, written and presentation skills
- Self-starter, possess high energy, creative and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills and financial business acumen skills Requires a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Travel may be necessary