The Chicago Tribune has a rich, 170-year history and an exciting digital future. It's our mission to serve our community, engage our readers and drive results for our advertisers.
As a Media Sales Representative, you'll create media and marketing programs around our clients' objectives that leverage the products and services in our portfolio. Our premium roster of publications reach 15M unique visitors per month. You will be a part of transforming our sales culture into one that creates strategic marketing partnerships with our clients. There is huge business opportunity in our market with clients we are not currently working with and you will be part of our drive to develop new business. We will marshal all your strengths - your creativity, your dedication to our mission, your resolve to find the best ways to serve our clients - and put them flush against a strategy designed to promote growth and sustainability.
In print and online, the Chicago Tribune reaches 2.9 million readers each week in the Chicagoland area, making us the region's most widely read source of news and information.
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that's the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
What you'll do:
- Drive revenue through new and existing accounts by leveraging our sales process and go-to-market strategy.
- Prospect accounts by identifying the right decision-makers and influencers.
- Engage prospect accounts in meaningful dialogue to discover their marketing objectives and demonstrate your marketing expertise as it pertains to their business. You'll develop professional relationships within the community and client organizations by attending community, chamber, industry and client functions.
- Create solutions and programs that leverage our digital and traditional products and services. These programs will align with the client's objectives; be strategically designed so as to drive the intended results in measurable and attributable manner.
- Upon closing and launching programs, you'll take an active interest in ensuring the campaigns are tracking towards the client's objectives, and optimize those campaigns as needed.
- Report on campaign results and own them. Upon delivering on what you sold, you'll be in a position to continue partnering with the client.
- Partner with marketing and business intelligence teams to understand your account base to identify trends and patterns within specific industries.
- Bachelor's degree in Business (Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Advertising concentration preferred) and preferred 3+ years equivalent sales experience with demonstrated success is meeting revenue goals
- Digital marketing acumen required; Advertising/media industry experience preferred
- Ability to excel in a highly competitive environment and adaptability to a rapidly evolving media landscape
- Effective relationship-building skills
- Self-starter, with excellent analytical, written, oral, communication, written and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills and financial business acumen skills
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing a CRM application and Microsoft Office products
- Requires a valid driver's license and reliable transportation, some travel may be necessary
- To be a part of a media company rooted in award-winning journalism which informs, inspires and engages our growing audience.
- To be a part of a company that develops strong relationships with our audience and deliver customer-focused solutions based on their evolving needs.
- Opportunity to contribute to creating new and inventive ways for our company to be successful.
- Develop and strengthen your capabilities the drive your career, personal, and professional growth.
- Work collaboratively with a talented team of individuals that have shared objectives.
- To be a part of a constantly changing, fast-paced environment that confronts industry challenges with sharp thinking and expertise.
Chicago Tribune is part of Tribune Publishing. Tribune Publishing Company (TPCO) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing Company operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Virginia's Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot, The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant.
Tribune Publishing Company also operates Tribune Content Agency (TCA) and the Daily Meal.
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.