Media Sales Representative
Media Sales Consultant (Advertising Sales)
The Morning Call Media Group is seeking a driven and motivated outside sales professional to sell our portfolio of advertising solutions.
With a competitive compensation package and full benefits, The Morning Call Media Group, delivers a great working environment to learn on the job and gain valuable experience with opportunities for advancement.
Contribute to your community, drive local business and grow with emerging media!
We provide our Outside Sales Representatives with paid training, a rewarding work environment, & a comprehensive benefits package.
- Competitive base salary plus UNCAPPED commission
- UNLIMITED paid time off & holidays
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k plan with matching
- Career advancement opportunities
- Professional development - ongoing strategic sales training, tools, & research support
- Company-provided laptop, iPad, mobile phone, & mileage allowances
As a media sales professional you will:
- Plan, develop, and implement strategic account plans for assigned accounts and prospects which includes both creative short and long term sales strategies to increase revenue and market share.
- Prospect potential new and existing clients in a defined geographical territory and offer creative ideas to maximize profits by monitoring and evaluating changes in market or customer situations and identifying emerging trends.
- Develop & present integrated The Morning Call Media Group advertising solutions to match client needs & to provide maximum return-on-investment for our clients.
- Provide support, assistance, and collaboration where necessary to other members of the sales and advertising organization to ensure company goals, initiatives & objectives are achieved.
- Attend all pertinent training sessions as needed to maintain a very high level of product knowledge and of emerging advertising and digital industry trends.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to problems, concerns, or needs.
- Ensure both customers and prospects have a detailed understanding of our products through a consultative selling approach.
- Responsible for attaining and exceeding aggressive revenue and account retention goals.
- Maintain current advertiser and prospect information in CRM.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Business or Liberal Arts or equivalent related experience in Marketing and/or Sales.
- Requires a minimum of 1-3 years' experience in Sales or related field in online advertising.
- Analytical, highly motivated, persuasive, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to be flexible, have a broad product knowledge base, and to deal with a variety of demanding customers.
- Ability to communicate in a way that demonstrates respect for individual differences, crafting messages based on audience needs.
- Proficient selling, presentation, time management, computer and mentoring skills.
- Able to entertain and travel to customer sites and industry functions.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
The Morning Call Media Group is owned by Tribune Publishing, one of the most respected media companies in the world.
Tribune Publishing is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tronc operates newsrooms in ten markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune , New York Daily News , The Baltimore Sun , Orlando Sentinel , South Florida's Sun-Sentinel , Newport News, Virginia's Daily Press , Allentown, Pennsylvania's The Morning Call , Hartford Courant. . Our legacy of brands has earned a combined 105 Pulitzer Prizes and is committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities.
Our brands create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
Meet Some of Tribune Publishing's Employees
Lynette W.Media Sales Executive
Lynette partners with local companies to reach their business goals through strategic advertising solutions. Based on these goals, she recommends the best solution, whether that be digital, print, or a hosted event.
Back to top