Media Sales Rep
Capital Gazette Communications is seeking a dynamic sales professional to join a local iconic news organization whose mission is to speak the truth, inform its citizens and provide the news and information that makes communities stronger. As we continue to rebuild, we are looking for a consultative sales professional that creates strong relationships with the community leadership and local businesses to develop new clients and grow existing business.
If you are passionate about advertising and helping small and medium-sized business succeed, this is an ideal role for you.
We provide our media sales representatives with ongoing paid sales and digital training, a rewarding work environment, & a comprehensive benefits package.
- Competitive base salary plus UNCAPPED commission potential
- Flexible paid time off & holidays
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k plan with matching
- Career advancement opportunities
- Professional development - ongoing strategic sales training, tools, & research support
- Company-provided laptop, iPad, mobile phone, & mileage allowances
Our sales professionals cultivate and develop new business, assume sales and service responsibility for assigned accounts, develop and implement marketing/advertising solutions and provide exceptional customer service.
If you have an uncompromising dedication to getting results and delivering extraordinary customer service, we want to speak with you.
Success with new and existing accounts will be achieved by applying strategic solutions across the Capital Gazette's and Baltimore Sun Media's portfolio, capturing increased market share from competitors, and exceeding customer expectations in delivering desired results.
As an outside sales representative you will:
- Identify, evaluate and develop strategies to build new accounts.
- Develop new accounts within assigned region or industry.
- Quotes prices, prepares proposals and provides information regarding terms of sales.
- Grow and maintain revenue within assigned territory or account base.
- Sell effectively with the use of market research into print, online and niche publications.
- Monitor competitive media and stay on top of industry trends.
- Uncover new/incremental revenue streams.
- Become actively involved in your territory's community and events.
- Provide regular reports to management including sales recaps and customer feedback, as well as documenting appointments and sales efforts in various tracking systems.
- Establish and develop relationships, marketing strategies through consultation with advertisers to help meet their objectives, and exceed advertising territory revenue goals.
We are looking for someone with:
- Minimum 1-3 years successful outside sales experience
- Media industry knowledge
- Knowledge of Digital Products and Platforms
- Working knowledge of CRM and Microsoft Office products to manage day to day activity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills.
- Strength in negotiation and problem solving.
- Effective relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated success in meeting revenue goals.
- College degree preferred.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Travel may be necessary.
Back to top