Media Sales Manager
- Newport News, VA
Candidates, we are currently reviewing applications for future consideration
The Virginian Pilot and Daily Press is seeking an experienced sales leader in Virginia covering the areas of Williamsburg, Newport News and Hampton.
As a Media Sales Manager, you'll drive our sales team's potential, work to exceed sales targets, implement strategic business plans and identify emerging markets. You will help transform our sales culture into one that creates strategic marketing partnerships with our clients. We want strong leaders who aren't afraid to take on the challenges of an industry in transformation while understanding the importance of our daily journalism mission.
What's In It for You?
- To be a part of a media company rooted in award-winning journalism which informs, inspires and engages our growing audience.
- To be a part of a company that develops strong relationships with our audience and delivers innovative, customer-focused solutions based on their evolving needs.
- Opportunity to contribute to creating new and inventive ways for our company to be successful.
- Develop and strengthen your capabilities to drive your career, personal and professional growth.
- Work collaboratively with a talented team that has shared objectives.
- To be a part of a dynamic, fast-paced environment that confronts industry challenges with sharp thinking and expertise.
What you'll do:
- Guide our sales team to drive revenue through existing and new business relationships while creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Build relationships with prospective clients by leading processes to build, manage and execute a sales pipeline. Develop & maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
- Partner with marketing and business intelligence teams to identify and understand trends within your team's account base.
- Manage day-to-day sales functions (i.e., sales plans, CRM and other sales applications) while seeking opportunities to streamline processes and maximize business relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in Business with 5+ years' sales experience and/or equivalent experience managing a sales team required.
- High digital sales acumen required; Media Industry knowledge preferred
- Personal attributes: Embrace challenge; relentless pursuit of excellence; little fear of adversity and headwinds; self-starter mentality that takes direction but doesn't wait for it; kind and decent human being; doesn't take her/himself too seriously; challenges current practice and standards; innovative; embraces change.
- Organizationally-savvy: Ability to collaborate with stakeholders up and down the organization.
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills and financial business acumen skills
- Requires a valid driver's license and reliable transportation, some travel may be necessary
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that's the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
Back to top