Media Sales Manager
- Baltimore, MD
The Baltimore Sun has been a foundational part of Baltimore since 1837. We serve our community with journalism that makes a real difference in people's lives. We also work with advertisers to help them navigate a volatile marketplace and drive results for their businesses.
As a Media Sales Manager, you'll drive our sales team potential, generate sales targets, implement strategic business plans and identify emerging markets for new products to drive revenue. You will be part of transforming our sales culture into one that creates strategic marketing partnerships with our clients. As we build our business for the future, we want strong people that aren't afraid to take on the challenges of an evolving industry while understanding the importance of our daily journalism mission.
- Join an organization with a rich history and an exciting digital future
- One of Baltimore's best known and trusted media companies
- Our mission: to serve our community, engage our readers and drive results for our advertisers.
- Join a growing and vibrant sales organization that collaborates with our advertising partners to offer real solutions based on our industry-leading marketing intelligence, industry expertise and consumer insights
What you'll do:
- Guide our sales team to drive revenue through existing and new business relationships while creating an environment where customer service flourish
- Build relationships with prospective customers - lead processes to build, manage and execute a sales pipeline, by articulating our brand value and product knowledge
- Partner with marketing and business intelligence teams to understand your team's account base to identify trends and patterns within specific industries.
- Manage day-to-day sales functions (i.e. sales plans, CRM and other sales applications) while seeking opportunities to streamline processes and maximize business relationships
- Develop & maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers. Stay up-to-date on industry best practices, standards and benchmarks through industry publications, newsletters, attending seminars or events and via individual or group training
- Bachelor's degree in Business with 5+ years' sales experience and/or equivalent experience managing a sales team required.
- High digital sales acumen required; Media Industry knowledge
- Ability to excel in a highly competitive environment and adaptability to a rapidly evolving media landscape
- Effective relationship-building and influencing skills
- Self-starter, with excellent analytical, written, oral, communication, written and presentation skills with strong ability to negotiate
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills and financial business acumen skills
- Requires a valid driver's license and reliable transportation, some travel may be necessary
What's In It for You?
- To be a part of a media company rooted in award-winning journalism which informs, inspires and engages our growing audience.
- To be a part of a company that develops strong relationships with our audience and deliver customer-focused solutions based on their evolving needs.
- Opportunity to contribute to creating new and inventive ways for our company to be successful.
- To succeed as a company, every person is needed including you because people come first.
In print and online, The Baltimore Sun reaches nearly 900,000 readers each week in the Baltimore area, making us the region's most widely read source of news and information. As we continue building our exciting digital future, it's our mission to serve our community by delivering the truth every day, engaging our readers and driving results for our advertisers.
Back to top