Material Handling/ Logistics Coordinator
- Chicago, IL
Responsibility for coordinating and assisting the work group engaged in receiving, staging and moving of trailers for all Solo Mail and Shared Mail products. Responsible for inspecting all incoming shipments and trailers immediately on receipt for possible shipping damage; verify that the weight, count, etc. agree with the shipper's forwarding documents and quantities correspond with Advertising request; and document and maintain records on materials receipts to support accurate and timely payment of invoices
- To coordinate receipt, storage and floor distribution of all materials for both the Shared Mail programs and Solo Mail and the receipt of all production and office supplies.
- Work flexible work hours including departments, shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Frequently climb into and out of trucks during an 8-12 hour period.
- To inspect the work area daily, insuring that it is exceptionally clean, well-organized and properly secured.
- To maintain accurate information on receiving assets and ensure that equipment is available and in good order when needed.
- To assist supervisor in training new employees and implementing beneficial changes within the department.
- To analyze procedures and recommend/implement measures to improve receiving methods, equipment performance, quality of product and implement changes to increase efficiency of the receiving functions.
- To ensure adherence to all record keeping and data entry procedures which promotes material tracking, asset control, reconciliation of discrepancies and timely payment of supplier invoices.
- To maintain a high level of morale and team work with Operations personnel through frequent communication with employees to keep them informed of any new products and/or procedures, and to listen to employee concerns.
- To ensure that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Should have a High School education.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the operations of Shared Mail, Solo Mail, Receiving, manifest, distribution system, asset tracking and receipt documentation and US Postal regulations.
- Typically requires two to four years' experience in a high volume shipping/receiving environment.
- Must be skilled in the operation of equipment including pallet jacks, fork lifts, and spotter.
- Requires repetitive kneeling and bending, walking, sitting, and standing for long periods of time, climbing on and off of material handling equipment/spotter in various weather conditions and the ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Must have the ability to work independently, analyze situations and conditions and implement solutions and work under deadline pressure.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all personnel. Must provide on-the-job training and have strong planning and scheduling skills.
- Position requires working in production areas while fork-lifts, pallet jacks, inserting and related equipment is in use. Working in this environment directly results in exposure to paper dust in the air and high noise levels from running equipment - as well as working in all weather conditions
Back to top