Responsible for performing a variety of Packaging Department tasks in order to prepare and package our products for delivery.
- Transfers newspapers manually, including stacking and piling them, and placing in bundles.
- Prepares Packaging Department machinery for operation; operates Packaging Department equipment to mechanically count, top, insert and bundle newspapers.
- Transports newspapers from machinery to delivery trucks.
- Prepares newspaper mail orders, including topping, stacking and/or distributing the newspapers.
- Fills hoppers on inserting machines as assigned.
- Manually inserts materials into newspapers as needed.
- Counts key bundles in preparation of loading delivery trucks.
- Responsible for operating shrink wrap equipment, fork lift and electric hand jacks.
- Maintains warehouse flow of pre-prints by tagging and transferring palletized materials to and from storage areas and inserting equipment.
- Coordinates truck loading process and provides direction for Packaging personnel; loads and unloads trucks as assigned.
- Completes pre- and post-run reporting for tracking purposes
Performs all other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Minimum qualifications and requirements needed to perform the essential responsibilities)
- Previous warehouse, machine operation or bindery experience is required.
- Previous experience working at a Newspaper or a Commercial printer strongly preferred.
- Previous machine inserter experience (for example equipment such as but not limited to Muller SLS 1000, SLS 2000, SLS 3000) is preferred but not required.
- Basic mechanical abilities, operator experience, trouble-shooting skills are required.
- Good manual dexterity is necessary.
- Must have ability to lift up to 25-30 lbs .
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Back to top