Junior Internal Auditor
The Junior Internal Auditor will play a key role, under the direction of the VP, Internal Audit, in executing the Company's audit plan, including its SOX compliance plan, operational audits and certain advisory engagements. This role requires basic audit, effective communication skills, and a willingness to learn and work in a fluid, changing environment. The junior internal auditor will be working closely with other internal auditors, including the Company's internal audit co-source provider.
This person will assist in executing comprehensive audit programs that are responsive to the operational, financial, and control risks across all divisions and subsidiaries of Tribune Publishing Company.
- Working closely with and under the guidance of the senior internal auditors and the co-source internal audit provider, perform key SOX activities or other audit activities, including but not limited to, walkthroughs, testing procedures and evaluation of control deficiencies.
- Work with external auditors, performing certain audit procedures for their reliance, during year-end audit.
- Conduct internal audit procedures, compile audit findings, document and recommend remediation plans, and complete work papers in compliance with IIA standards as needed for financial, operational and compliance audits (including SOX-404).
- Contribute to the positive and team-oriented culture by maintaining cooperative and collaborative relationships (assisting other team members when necessary), sharing information, and building relationships with business and functional control owners.
- Work closely with other team members, despite team members being in different locations (Chicago and Dallas)
- Keep abreast of new trends in our industry and continuously strive to learn about our businesses to develop a strong business acumen
- Participate in special projects as requested by management.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
- Preferably, 1 year of Audit experience, or internships in a medium to large public accounting firm or public company
- A plus to have (or working towards) at least one of the following certifications; Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Basic knowledge of accounting, finance and internal control areas is required, as is comprehension of internal auditing standards, generally accepted accounting principles, SOX, and COSO
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong analytical skills and demonstrate ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions and solve problems
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple priorities in a deadline-driven, changing environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Travel is less than 15%
Meet Some of Tribune Publishing's Employees
Lynette W.Media Sales Executive
Lynette partners with local companies to reach their business goals through strategic advertising solutions. Based on these goals, she recommends the best solution, whether that be digital, print, or a hosted event.
Back to top