VIRGINIA GAZETTE REPORTER
The Virginia Gazette -- an award-winning, multiplatform news operation that is part of The Virginian-Pilot and Daily Press -- seeks an aggressive, digitally savvy reporter to cover the historic Williamsburg area on the Virginia Peninsula.
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that's the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
Here's why you should work for us:
- We're part of the largest news operation in the state, with coverage from the Middle Peninsula of Virginia to the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
- We aim for ambitious journalism that makes an impact on Virginians' lives.
- We are passionate about what we do here and are committed to both serving readers and helping our journalists develop new skills. You will work with talented, experienced editors who encourage you to take chances, grow skills and make a difference.
- The Gazette twice-weekly print edition is thriving and we're aggressively growing our digital audience.
- You must have strong news judgment, a collaborative approach and a desire to get the story swiftly and accurately.
- You must be able to thrive in our fast-paced operation and capable of producing a variety of content: photos and videos, tweets, short updates for web, and print stories with deep context.
A college degree is required. Experience in daily or weekly journalism is preferred.
At The Virginia Gazette, we focus on communication and collaboration at all levels. Working with fellow reporters, photographers and senior editors is a typical day on the job. Input and creativity are not just welcome, they're required. In this ever-changing media landscape, a sense of humor also helps.
The best candidate will be able to move to the Hampton Roads area or currently be in market.
Send cover letter, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org .