Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Act as Industrial Maintenance Mechanic for the Sun-Sentinel Production Maintenance Department. Responsible for mechanical maintenance and repair of production related equipment to ensure maximum availability, and reliability to the users.
- To mechanically repair all production equipment related to the operation of the newspaper.
- Must furnish all tools necessary to complete repairs and maintenance to production equipment.
- To identify problems with processes or equipment requiring corrective action or maintenance and to communicate these to the Shift Supervisor.
- To diagnose equipment malfunctions and determine the need for adjustment and repair to ensure maximum reliability to users.
- To perform preventive maintenance functions according to department programs and within the specified time frame.
- To work effectively with co-worker in solving problems and to communicate incomplete work and problems from shift to shift.
- To ensure that safe, established work habits and methods are used to maintain a clean and safe work area.
- To maintain timely and accurate maintenance records and reports in order to track the reliability of preventative maintenance programs.
- To recommend parts for repair of replacement and to help maintain current inventory levels.
- Having the ability to run a manual lathe, mill and welder are helpful to this position.
- Should have a high school education or equivalent, with approved apprentice training program of four years. Two-year minimum newspaper experience in maintenance and repairs.
- Ability to read and understand equipment schematics, blueprints, manuals, and to use related test equipment.
- Must be able to diagnose and repair production equipment in a timely and effective manner to assure its properly functioning condition.
- Must be able to lift equipment that will weigh up to 50 1bs, also must be able to lay down under raised equipment.
- Must be able to walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to bend and kneel in order to work on hard to reach equipment.
- Must be able to work in conditions that may be unfavorable. This could include varying temperatures dusty conditions, greasy and dirty areas, and some work out of doors.
For consideration, send resume to: email@example.com or apply online
Back to top