General Manager, Digital
The Orlando Sentinel is seeking a General Manager to lead their digital sales team!
The Orlando Sentinel is a daily print and online media source for Orlando and surrounding areas. www.orlandosentinel.com is Central Florida's number one website! As we continue building our exciting digital future, it's our mission to serve our community by delivering the truth every day, engaging our readers and driving results for our advertisers.
This GM for digital sales oversees all digital advertising revenue development in Orlando. This person provides leadership in digital media, manages the digital sales and digital sales reps, has a proven ability to work collaboratively with sales and marketing leaders, knowledge of programmatic, social media, email and search marketing concepts, and a rich understanding of all things digital including video, mobile and tablet applications.
This person creates the vision, culture, and environment needed to transform the organization into a world class digital sales organization. This position reports to the VP of Advertising Sales.
What's in it for you?
- To be a part of a media company rooted in award-winning journalism which informs, inspires and engages our growing audience.
- To be a part of a company that develops strong relationships with our audience and delivers innovative, customer-focused solutions based on their evolving needs.
- Opportunity to contribute to creating new and inventive ways for our company to be successful.
- Develop and strengthen your capabilities to drive your career, personal and professional growth.
- Work collaboratively with a talented team that has shared objectives.
- To be a part of a dynamic, fast-paced environment that confronts industry challenges with sharp thinking and expertise.
What You Will Do...
- Lead and execute digital strategies and initiatives. Work with Advertising Division managers, salespeople and other key personnel as warranted to meet objectives.
- Demonstrate leadership with a sense of urgency and effective speed through changing circumstances.
- Lead and manage strategic initiatives for the company
- Communicate corporate and local strategies across divisional lines, ensure that digital objectives of the (Select Market) and Tribune are advancing forward as required.
- Develop leadership bench strength on the digital sales team through mentoring and succession planning.
- Demonstrate understanding of the organization's overall goals.
- Lead all online, apps and other digital sales activity.
- Ideate and implement sales sprints, media plans and targeted sales drives that accelerate revenue.
- Work with peers and lead sales force to collectively retain and grow share of media budgets, print migration revenue, and fragmentation of local programmatic digital media buying.
- Analyze and develop plans to capitalize on best digital inventory (i.e. Home Page, over-the-scroll impressions, mobile, etc.).
- Manage rate yield by understanding supply and demand of digital inventory.
- Must be able to respond expediently to changes in digital landscape and consumer preferences.
This Could be a Match if You Have...
- Represent Digital Advertising at meetings, conferences, and/or summits as needed internally and externally.
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 7 years digital sales and management experience.
- IAB Certification preferred
- Google Analytics Certification preferred
- Programmatic experience preferred
- Exceptional computer skills
- Strong team building and interpersonal skills a must
Back to top