Primary function of this position is to oversee the preparation of general accounting and financial analysis support in the reporting of advertising revenue. Plan, direct, manage and administer the Company's fiscal and budgetary functions and operations. Serve as a positive member of the Finance Division's management team and participate in strategic planning, policy development/analysis; and represent the Finance Division. Serves as an advisor to the department and management team on complex financial and budgetary functions. Exemplify departmental customer service standards by building and maintaining effective relationships within and among all departments and external resources. Also, coordinate the preparation of financial revenue reports on a weekly, period, quarter and annual basis.
- Supervise the collection of all the statistical data from the advertising and circulation billing areas.
- Ensure that statistics from advertising and circulation are presented in a way desired by the stakeholders of each department.
- Develop policies and procedures to insure the accuracy of circulation and advertising statistics.
- Review and monitor the financial activity of various department's/divisions' budgets.
- Oversee the collection of data and preparation of financial reports; analyze reports to determine performance to established budget.
- Direct, manage, supervise, and monitor the fiscal and accounting operations of assigned department and/or divisions; oversee and approve the preparation of journal entries, adjust revenue and expenditures as necessary; approve purchase requisitions, payments, and invoices or claims; direct, manage, review and monitor account analysis and reconciliation.
- On a continuous basis, analyze budgets and technical reports; interpret and evaluate staff reports; stay current with pertinent laws
- Act as a resource to staff, advise staff on the more complex issues; provide direction, guidance and leadership to staff; prepare performance evaluations.
- Train and develop staff on technical issues and provide professional growth.
- Maintain awareness of and participation in external professional environment and resources to ensure the highest level of professional standards are applied.
- Review month-end related journal entries.
- Review monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Communicate well with managers and other employees across organization, exhibiting knowledge, sound judgment and fairness, a sense of urgency, diplomacy and confidentiality in accordance with company policies.
- Maintain current knowledge of overall company operations, policies and organization to provide effective customer service.
- Keep the Finance Director and other finance management informed on issues and trends, recommending appropriate resolution or seeking assistance where required.
- Prepare and analyze period revenue forecasts and projections to review with senior management.
- Partner with senior management, department managers and other key internal customers to develop needed reports and analysis.
- Provide various ad hoc financial and statistical analyses to identify risk and opportunities related to advertising and circulation revenue.
- Continually review and enhance internal controls.
- Assign and schedule tasks and projects.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics , or a similar degree
- At least 5 years of experience working in a demanding financial environment
- At least 5 years of experience in financial analysis
- Strong working knowledge of computers, MS Office software and hands-on experience with PeopleSoft Financials
Meet Some of Tribune Publishing's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top