Tribune Content Agency is looking for a skilled digital editor/designer with a wide background and interest in diverse topics, including news, sports, opinion, business, features, lifestyle and entertainment journalism.
This editor will be fast, accurate, self-motivated and know how to read both an audience and an audience metrics report. Part of the job will require high-level editing of a variety of content types to be used by our customers. Part of the job will be finding compelling content from contributing sources.
This role will be fully remote and can be based in any of these states: CA, FL, IL, IN, LA, OH, WI.
Tribune Content Agency is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that's the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
What is Tribune Content Agency?
Tribune Content Agency is a team of passionate editors, rights managers and technology experts providing quality content solutions for publishers around the globe. Working with a vast collection of the world's best sources, we deliver a daily news service and syndicated premium content to more than 2,000 media and digital information publishers in nearly 100 countries.
As part of the Tribune Publishing family, we've been creating and distributing premium content since 1918. We've chronicled a century of history. Now we want to help you tell the stories of the next 100 years.
Learn more at https://tribunecontentagency. com/us/
- Edit a wide variety of content. You could be the first read on everything from opinion columns and editorial cartoons to crossword puzzles and recipes.
- Communicate with our sales staff and customers as part of the team generating revenue for Tribune Content Agency and our partners.
- Use our analytics tools and reports to inform and adjust our coverage plan.
- Contribute to a collaborative and healthy workplace with high energy and expectations.
- 2+ years of digital editorial experience working for a news and/or lifestyle media outlet or brand content engine.
- Previous experience with content management systems (CMS)
- Social media management and audience development experience a plus
- Exceptional understanding of news writing, reporting and editing.
- Passion for great content and solid editorial instincts and judgment.
- Committed to producing high-quality content that audiences find engaging.
- Flexible, with a desire to roll up your sleeves and work on a range of topics and assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- A deadline-oriented self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Communicative and able to successfully pivot between tasks.
- Familiar and comfortable with best practices in editorial SEO.
Tribune Publishing Company is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing Company operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Virginia's Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot, The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant.
Tribune Publishing Company also operates Tribune Content Agency (TCA) and the Daily Meal.
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.