Director of Media Sales
The Sun Sentinel reaches 1.1 million readers each week in print and online in the South Florida area, making us the region's most widely read source of news and information. As we continue building our exciting digital future, it's our mission to serve our community by delivering the truth every day, engaging our readers and driving results for our advertisers.
As a Media Sales Director, you'll drive our sales team's potential, work to exceed sales targets, implement strategic business plans and identify emerging markets. You will help transform our sales culture into one that creates strategic marketing partnerships with our clients. We want strong leaders who aren't afraid to take on the challenges of an industry in transformation while understanding the importance of our daily journalism mission.
What's In It for You?
- To be a part of a media company rooted in award-winning journalism which informs, inspires and engages our growing audience.
- To be a part of a company that develops strong relationships with our audience and delivers innovative, customer-focused solutions based on their evolving needs.
- Opportunity to contribute to creating new and inventive ways for our company to be successful.
- Develop and strengthen your capabilities to drive your career, personal and professional growth.
- Work collaboratively with a talented team that has shared objectives.
- To be a part of a dynamic, fast-paced environment that confronts industry challenges with sharp thinking and expertise.
Learn more about working for us at tribpub.com/careers
What You'll Do:
- Leads development, communication and implementation of sales strategies for the company
- Establishes sales strategies and tactics to ensures subordinates receive sales goals and strategies required to drive profitable revenue growth
- Leverages CRM tools to build territory plans, manage opportunities, and maintain accurate forecasting and reporting
- Generates sales proposals for distribution to prospects
- Identify sales growth opportunities, analyzing market conditions, and partners with local sales management teams and representatives to develop and implement innovative action plans
- Effectively communicates the partnership and product value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Builds and maintains strong, top to top customer relationships through attending related community events and business meetings to engage with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Leads collaboration and work with HR business partners to recruit sophisticated sales sellers focused on sales revenue growth
- Understands category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales team
- Trains, coaches and mentors people. Ensures subordinates support related initiatives for their employees in accordance with company personnel management policies
- Bachelor's degree in Business with 10+ years sales experience and a minimum of 5+ years' experience managing a sales team
- High level of both Print & Digital Media knowledge and sales experience
- Strategic sales capabilities that include a high comfort level communicating with all levels of prospective customers within an organization, balanced with tactical skills for a fast-paced sales
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from strategy to close; develop client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions.
- Must possess excellent oral, written and communication skills as well as strong negotiation, relationship- building and influencing skills.
- Strong digital sales acumen.
- Organizationally-savvy: Ability to collaborate with stakeholders up and down the organization.
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills and financial business acumen skills
- Requires a valid driver's license and reliable transportation, some travel may be necessary
Tribune Publishing (NASDAQ:TPCO) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune , New York Daily News , The Baltimore Sun , Orlando Sentinel , South Florida's Sun-Sentinel , Virginia's Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot , The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant .
In addition to award-winning local media businesses, Tribune Publishing operates national and international brands such as Tribune Content Agency and the Daily Meal , and is the majority owner of the product review website BestReviews .
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
Back to top