- Norfolk, VA
Candidates, we are currently reviewing applications for future consideration
The Virginian-Pilot The online media news source for the five cities of South Hampton Roads as well as several smaller towns across southeast Virginia and northeast North Carolina.The Virginian-Pilot has a rich, 154-year history and an exciting digital future. It's our mission to serve our community, engage our readers and drive results for our advertisers.
As a Digital Strategist, you'll have an integral role in creating digital advertising and marketing programs for our clients across the southeast Virginia & northeast North Carolina region. Our Go To Market strategy leverages a proven sales and marketing platform that focuses on helping clients grow their businesses in today's highly disruptive business environment. Your skillset, creativity and passion for all things digital - combined with our platform - will put you at the forefront of transforming Tribune Publishing into a digital media company. It is critical that our Digital Strategists identify a client's business objectives; design strategies/tactics around them; optimize as needed; and provide reporting on a mid- and end-campaign basis.
What's in it for you?
- To be a part of a media company rooted in award-winning journalism which informs, inspires and engages our growing audience.
- To be a part of a company that develops strong relationships with our audience and delivers innovative, customer-focused solutions based on their evolving needs.
- Opportunity to contribute to creating new and inventive ways for our company to be successful.
- Develop and strengthen your capabilities to drive your career, personal and professional growth.
- Work collaboratively with a talented team that has shared objectives.
- To be a part of a dynamic, fast-paced environment that confronts industry challenges with sharp thinking and expertise.
What you'll do:
- Develop new business through identifying client-specific digital ad sales opportunities.
- Partner with sales teams across the enterprise to expand our digital solutions footprint with existing customers in addition to developing new business with an assigned list of prospects.
- Maximize revenue through a consultative sales approach with the ability to be a convincing and enthusiastic subject matter expert on our entire digital portfolio: programmatic display, audio, video, ConnectedTV, SEO, SEM, targeted email, social and native advertising.
- identify a client's business objectives; design strategies/tactics around them; optimize as needed; and provide reporting on a mid- and end-campaign basis
- Leverage extensive understanding of account base and related account base to help identify trends and patterns within verticals.
- Develop & maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5+ years equivalent related experience
- High digital sales acumen required; Media Industry knowledge preferred
- Personal attributes: Embrace challenge; relentless pursuit of excellence; little fear of adversity and headwinds; self-starter mentality that takes direction but doesn't wait for it; kind and decent human being; doesn't take her/himself too seriously; challenges current practice and standards; innovative; embraces change.
- Sales-savvy: Ability to research digital advertising clients, build new relationships and target new clients
- Working knowledge of using a CRM and Microsoft products; Google Analytics Certification preferred
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills
- Requires a valid driver's license and reliable transportation, some travel may be necessary
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that's the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
Tribune Publishing (NASDAQ:TPCO) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune , New York Daily News , The Baltimore Sun , Orlando Sentinel , South Florida's Sun-Sentinel , Virginia's Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot , The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant .
In addition to award-winning local media businesses, Tribune Publishing operates national and international brands such as Tribune Content Agency and the Daily Meal , and is the majority owner of the product review website BestReviews .
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
Back to top