The Sun Sentinel is the dominant, local, online, and media source for Broward and Palm Beach Counties. www.sun-sentinel.com/
The Sales Planner will partner with sales teams, clients, AOE and DAO associates. This person will communicate, collaborate and assist in all presale and post-sale activities for all products in the Tribune portfolio as needed. Activities will include: checking available inventory, managing ad material submission from clients and sales reps, and routing of print advertising orders to Ad Order Entry Associates. This role will provide elite customer service to our advertisers and sales reps.
- Work directly with BLM for billing reconciliation tasks and to resolve credit locks, and track credit applications as requested.
- Independently analyze and resolve mid to low level accounts receivable questions and issues.
- Monitor and respond to any incomplete IO's returned from Order Entry team; complete IO when able to work with the appropriate sales reps to resolve issues.
- Handle price changes and update production methods or other general information on existing orders within Adit.
- Gather advertiser material assets and upload complete ad materials to the AdWatch production system. Complete creative submission form if not completed by rep and/or advertiser.
- Monitor AdWatch production system and reports for missing advertising materials, late proof return from creative or late release of advertising material, and follow-up with advertisers, creative department, and sales team as needed.
- Handle advertiser/rep inquiry calls such as order deadlines, missing material and advertiser complaints.
- Serve as point person with downstream operational teams (Creative, Layout, Pagination, etc.) to resolve issues and communicate findings and possible resolutions.
- May assist/support manager on inquiries, request for proposals, insertion orders, placement, etc. or as needed.
- Supports sales with customer, reporting, scheduling and sales rep needs
- Assist in the search of available inventory.
- Participate in the development of new policies and procedures related to increased quality and productivity, as well as, work environment.
- Gather and maintain updated information on deadlines advertising/editorial guidelines and special section data.
- Maintain and actively pursue understanding of the computer systems used in the department and a general understanding of computer systems in general.
- Meet or exceed individual productivity goals as set by the department.
- Cooperate in accomplishing all division goals as directed by Manager.
- May be responsible for managing and supporting white glove accounts, which require meticulous attention to detail and have substantial revenue accountability.
- Duties include, but are not limited to the following list and the employee may be ask to perform other duties as needed to meet company objectives.
- Facilitates fulfillment (delivery), tracking and billing of campaigns to ensure that deliverables meet client expectations.
- Create sales flyers & basic proposal materials to highlight unique selling points & value proposition of both current and new products and programs.
- Associates Degree in Business or equivalent related experience in customer service.
- Prefer one to two years of newspaper or media environment. Specifically in advertising, billing and or print production
- Requires 1 year order entry/billing experience.
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills and computer literacy.
- Must have experience providing customer support in a sales environment.
- Must have the ability to determine proper workflow for accurate ad order entry, with the ability to work under pressure.
- Must display effective interpersonal skills to include areas of written and verbal communication as well as superior customer service skills.
- Must be able to work with video display terminal for long periods of time and type a minimum of 35 wpm.
- Occasional overtime required with Manager Approval.