Digital Campaign Manager
- Deerfield Beach, FL
The Sun Sentinel is the dominant, local, online, and media source for Broward and Southern Palm Beach Counties www.sun-sentinel.com/
Acts as the primary point person for the execution of all Tier II digital campaigns (more than 2 core product/ platforms and higher budget spends). This role is responsible for the fulfillment of all digital advertising campaigns which include the overseeing the fulfillment of campaign orders, actively managing multiple campaigns simultaneously, and working with clients, internal teams and vendors on implementation, execution and successful achievement and reporting of digital KPIs. Responsibilities will span Tribune Publishing's full digital portfolio of Digital display, Native advertising, Reach, Programmatic, SEO, PPC, Social Media Advertising, and Email Marketing. Assist Sales Reps and Digital Sales Strategists in achieving sales revenue targets (with an emphasis on driving digital revenue).
Responsible for personal workflow and balance as well contributing to the success of region.
- Set up and maintain social, programmatic, SEO, display and search campaigns directly on pertinent platforms and ad networks, or on major search engines with keywords that best leverage inventory of active campaigns.
- Work with Account Manager to build creative/ ad units for campaign execution or create ads, i.e., social ads, as needed.
- Setup campaigns from Insertion Orders utilizing Tribune Publishing tools and systems
- Verification of all campaign set-up pre & post launch -
- Onboarding Note
- Pixel architecture & verification
- Call tracking set-up & verification
- Order accuracy set-up in system
- URL & landing page verification
- Ad tag verification for analytics
- Monitoring of budget pacing
- Optimization suggestions
- Story telling/narrative style month end reports
- Review daily analysis and reporting on search, programmatic and display performance with a goal to optimize quickly for creative and/or keywords that need immediate attention, strong performers that could potentially perform even better, and then anything in between.
- Optimize Campaigns via:
- KPI's : Constantly communicate with Sales and Ad Ops teams to optimize landing pages with best call to action and direct response. Measure conversion rate etc to gauge response to campaign creative and targeting.
- Ad Optimization : Leverage technology to optimize for highest converting ad copy. Provide suggestions to the Ad Ops and/or Programmatic/Search team on how the keyword bidding platform/vendor needs to change over time as the market changes.
- Keyword Selection : Routine analysis of merchant prefixes & suffixes for all marketed entities and optimization through regular use of internal reports and external tools.
- Bid Optimization : Leverage internal data reports, external tools (bid estimator, search estimator) to optimize keyword bids and campaign budgets for maximum gross margin.
- Set up, maintain and optimize paid search engine advertising for traffic volume, revenue and KPIs
- Provide detailed client data & insights - sale projections, campaign performance, position updates, competitive benchmarking to build client relationships.
- Work with sales team to understand and establish campaign requirements, and serve as subject matter expert in assisting with campaign set-up, optimization suggestions, ad tagging, and retention through reporting recaps etc.
- Keep up with current SEM, SEO, and Website Design, standards, and practices, As well as SEM, SEO, and website design trends
- Troubleshoot, problem-solve, and communicate with co-workers and Digital Product Manager to complete complex processes under tight deadlines each month.
- Interface with advertisers, agencies, etc. on reporting as needed.
- Hyper communication with Account Manager and co-Engineer (if applicable) including but not limited to campaign launch, optimizations, testing results, pacing challenges, recommended creative changes, availability of new tactics or channels
- Escalate any critical campaign, account, or personnel issues to Digital Product Manager
- Maintain digital dashboard with reporting and recommendations.
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Economics, or Mathematics discipline preferred.
- 1-3 years in trafficking and ad operations in technology or digital advertising agency, including Search Advertising, SEO, Programmatic and Social Advertising
- Experience in optimizing towards CTR, CPC, CPA or ROI goals
- Google Certifications Preferred
- Attention to detail and executional follow through both internally and with clients
- Accurately execute within a fast-paced environment
- Good troubleshooting skills and a love of solving problems
- Ability to adapt quickly and seamlessly in an ever-changing environment
- Multi-tasking with precise organizational skills and internal CRM solutions
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking skills that demonstrate valuable business insights
- Advance proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, V-Lookup etc.) and other office related programs
- Strong teamwork, communication and brain-storming
- Must have a strong customer focus that conveys responsiveness and competence
- Knowledge with HTTP protocols and web browsers
- Knowledge of HTML 5 is a plus
- Understanding of DSPs, GAM, Google Advertising Suite, Social Networks
One to three years in trafficking and ad operations in technology or digital advertising agency, including Search Advertising, SEO, Programmatic and Social Advertising.
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that's the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
Tribune Publishing (NASDAQ:TPCO) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune , New York Daily News , The Baltimore Sun , Orlando Sentinel , South Florida's Sun-Sentinel , Virginia's Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot , The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant .
In addition to award-winning local media businesses, Tribune Publishing operates national and international brands such as Tribune Content Agency and the Daily Meal , and is the majority owner of the product review website BestReviews .
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
Back to top