- Baltimore, MD
The Building Mechanics support and repair HVAC, plumbing, roof and refrigeration equipment in the facility. They perform scheduled preventive maintenance on boilers, chillers, air compressors and vacuum pumps. They complete assigned building rounds on equipment during production and empty dust-collectors after each press run. Additionally, when required, Building Mechanics modify facility equipment to enhance performance and install and repair plumbing, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration units.
- Perform building rounds to ensure equipment is operating correctly.
- Respond to trouble calls and make necessary repairs quickly to minimize downtime.
- Perform maintenance on equipment in the facility.
- Assist other crafts in the support group to address issues or work on projects.
The mechanic will be a highly motivated individual with four to five years' experience supporting and repairing production, refrigeration, and HVAC equipment. The candidate must be a licensed stationary engineer, grade 3 or above.
SOFTWARE APPLICATION PROFICIENCIES: It is expected that the incumbent have knowledge of and proficiencies in the following software applications:
- Windows operating system - (i.e. Apogge and Siemans control system)
- Excel spreadsheet
- Maintenance reporting
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Troubleshooting skills with the knowledge of mechanical systems, pneumatics and HVAC systems.
- CFC certified
- Basic electrical knowledge
Back to top