Audience Development Manager
Serve as a key member of Events Team leading strategy for audience development. Responsible for audience growth and engagement at events, on websites, social media channels, newsletters and through various traditional and emerging platforms. Act as main point of contact with internal and external data and research teams, relevant vendors and agencies to better understand, engage and grow our event audiences. Responsible for growing ticket sales and attendance. Increase audience acquisition, retention and conversions. Monitor and track effectiveness of marketing campaigns, ticketing strategies, social channels, websites and newsletters. Adapt tactics to achieve desired results. Provide ongoing reports and relevant updates to stakeholders before, during and after each campaign. Use data and insights to inform event design, marketing and sponsorship strategy with deeper understanding of event attendees.
- Oversight and implementation of strategy and execution of audience engagement and analysis.
- Drive data collection to support audience, sponsorship, and ticketing goals.
- Serve as consumer marketing expert.
- Main point of contact for data & analytics teams.
- Seeks out and evaluates new technologies and activations to capture the best and most effective audience information from event attendees
- Provides event team with training and oversees implementation into existing systems and events.
- Apply insights to inform event experience and marketing strategy
- Oversee day to day ticketing, data capture, analytics, marketing, social media, and website functionality for events in all markets.
- Meet collaboratively with internal teams to craft the methods and cadence of all audience development strategies and executions, including working with internal and external departments and vendors.
- Work cooperatively with internal and external teams to ensure marketing plans are driving desired results and working holistically to adapt as needed.
- Review activity generated and provide optimization recommendations for campaigns.
- Oversee all ticketing and rsvp platforms for each market, manage ticketing platform back-end, data analytics, data capture, email marketing and integration into other systems, departments and platforms to maximize reach, audience development and revenue potential.
- Work cooperatively with internal departments and external agencies to craft post-event analysis reports detailing all marketing, ticketing, data capture, social media and website traffic for each project.
- Oversee development of all event websites and social media pages working collaboratively with the marketing team and event managers to maximize reach, impressions, attendance and revenue.
- College degree in a marketing or business related field and minimum 5 years experience in events, marketing or related role
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in consumer marketing and events
- Minimum 3 years experience with database/member/subscriber/ticketing management
- Proven team leader with results-oriented focus
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Must be effective at multi-tasking and have exceptional time-management skills
- Must have a positive, proactive attitude and be driven to optimize results for all internal teams, clients and partners
- Strong connections with potential external vendors, agencies and media partners is highly preferred
Back to top