The Virginian Pilot is hiring Interns to join our growing sales team! This team will have the opportunity to learn and develop real-world media advertising sales skills in the marketplace.
Candidates will enjoy a strong team and fun culture while learning to sell advanced advertising products and experience client engagement. Interns will work closely within the current advertising staff. They will engage with multiple levels of sales reps within the whole organization to shadow, assist & help grow their business, establishing relationships organizationally.
- Develop real world media advertising and sales skills.
- Exposure to the print & digital advertising mediums.
- Engage and work in collaboration various levels of the sales organization - including direct day to day contact with Team Lead, Sales Management & Executive Director of Regional.
- Job Shadowing & opportunity to work alongside existing sales staff to help influence & grow client revenue.
- Fun & exciting team atmosphere built around career path & coaching across various sales elements.
- New business development through our portfolio of products.
- Maximize revenue generated from current business.
- Phone/email prospecting
- Assist with various levels of the sales process I.E. Proposal preparation, creative requests, & sales collateral.
- In-depth training and use of CRM systems.
- Assistance with selling digital advertising campaigns to upsell accounts.
- Limited post sale paperwork and internal completion.
- Interdepartmental follow-through.
- Currently enrolled in a university
- Interest in pursuing media/advertising sales
- Sales experience is required; media/advertising sales experience is preferred.
- Strong communications skills, in person and phone
- Team player
- Self-motivator, goal oriented
- Strong computer skills
- Developed organizational skills
Back to top