An Account Manager acts as the primary point person and support for the Premium Account Director. This role is responsible for the management of all advertising campaigns which include the submission of proposals, assisting management and sales teams with client needs, and working with Marketing, Creative, and Ad Operations teams on implementation and execution and serves as the primary interface for the entire portfolio of products and services. The Account Manager provides clients with the most efficient and effective experience when partnering with their respective Tribune Publishing property.
- Build awareness of Tribune Publishing's portfolio of Digital and Print offerings and capabilities within the market
- Partners with the Premium Accounts Director to support achievement of sales revenue targets (with an emphasis on driving digital revenue)
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of project management, brand development and digital marketing including multi-channel interactive program development, email marketing and social media.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the marketplace, customers' business models and objectives, competitors, and print and digital offerings. Articulates product offerings and their value to customers.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Work with sales team on all pre- and post-sales activity and act as the primary point of contact for all aspects of campaign execution:
- Respond to all RFPs and client requests by creating media plans that meet client objectives
- Assist in pitching and developing campaigns/ media plans - ensure correct product mix and pricing strategies
- Identify site audience/ demographics and ideal media mix for advertiser objectives and leverage resources for a competitive advantage
- Respond to requests about inventory, ad products, creative specifications, etc.
- Coordinate with relevant internal departments on all levels of campaign execution (Marketing, Ad Operations, Development, etc.)
- Ensure all sold products are routed to the appropriate fulfillment teams or vendors
- Work with Ad Ops team on execution, fulfillment, and correct billing of campaigns
- Work with Creative team (if necessary) to build creative/ ad units for campaign execution
- Process and manage Insertion Orders utilizing Tribune Publishing's tools and systems
- Work with Ad Ops to provide recommendations for Optimization based on client KPIs
- Provide campaign wrap-up report
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience
- Must have prior digital experience (campaign/ client management preferred)
- Show a high degree of self-motivation and work well within an individual and team environment
- Significant Industry knowledge of print and digital advertising products offered.
- Must have a strong customer focus that conveys responsiveness and competence
- Exceptional presentation skills - creation and delivery
- Demonstrate self-direction and ability to work autonomously
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing CRM to manage day to day activities.
- Ability to become proficient in new technologies to efficiently manage business processes.
- Successful relationship-building skills.
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, communication, written and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, possess high energy, solid presentation, creative and analytical skills.
Back to top