Software Engineer - Product (Open Level)
- Hoboken, NJ
Before new medical treatments can be administered to the public, they must demonstrate safety and efficacy in a clinical trial. These trials protect consumers from ineffective and dangerous products, but the clinical trial process also presents a tremendous bottleneck in delivering life-saving treatments to patients. A typical trial involves coordinating between numerous parties and data formats to gather, store, analyse, and audit clinical data. Mistakes and delays are common, and fewer than 10% of trials finish on time.
At TrialSpark, we are looking for talented engineers to help us reimagine the clinical trial process from first principles and build the end-to-end clinical trial platform.
As a Product Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, testing, securing, deploying, maintaining, and improving software applications for use both by internal TrialSpark employees and for external users. You will work with product managers, designers, and other functions of the business to help set priorities, scope technical work, coordinate changes, clarify and refine requirements, and set appropriate expectations. You are autonomous and self-driven, but can work effectively in a highly collaborative and team setting. In addition, you will use your experience and expertise to raise the bar on code quality, identify and prioritize off-roadmap opportunities, help set technical direction, and serve as a responsible steward of TrialSpark’s engineering culture.
- You seek to empathize with users and value their experience.
- You break down complicated problems and balance a bias towards action with building for the longer term.
- You have collaborated with various stakeholders to build the best products.
- You are humble, collaborative, service-oriented, and a fast-learner
- If you’ve worked with React, Python, GraphQL, Flask, and SQLAlchemy.
- Experience with debuggers, e.g. browser debuggers, pdb, PyCharm, etc.
- Track record of working with product management and shipping features to end users in a team environment.
- Understanding of the healthcare industry, healthcare-related technologies, and regulatory needs (e.g., HIPAA).
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top