- Hoboken, NJ
We’re looking for product designers in NYC to help change the future of medicine.
Note: This role is based at our NYC HQ; however, our office is closed through June 2021.
Of the several thousand known diseases that affect humans, only ~500 have treatments; few have cures.
Despite advances that have made the discovery of new drug candidates faster than ever, thousands of potential treatments remain "on the shelf," untested, because of the enormous bottleneck of putting them through clinical trials. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs over $1B -- and over time, the problem has only gotten worse. As a result, only a select few treatments ever get a shot at reaching patients who need them. To make matters worse, the high cost of clinical trials often results in high drug prices for patients.
TrialSpark is a new healthcare company on a mission to bring treatments to patients faster and more efficiently by reimagining clinical trials.
Join us in building a tech platform that changes the way physicians, researchers, and patients work together to advance medical research.
As a product designer at TrialSpark, you may find yourself working on products that:
- Enable researchers and physicians to run patient visits and collect data about drug safety and efficiency
- Are used to design the forms and medical content used for data collection
- Guide patients through the process of deciding whether or not to participate in a trial
- Enable clinical experts to review and analyze clinical trial data
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with your product squad to continuously refine and deliver design against the vision and key objectives for your product area
- Conducting discovery with users and stakeholders to shape project design briefs
- Leading an iterative design process from low to high fidelity, using prototypes to drive hypothesis-testing with users and stakeholders
- Working with PM & engineering counterparts to prioritize build scope and ensure high-quality delivery
- Contributing to the design team through thoughtful feedback and proactive improvement of team processes, patterns, and systems
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have 4+ years of professional product design experience
- Have experience bringing new products or significant features from discovery through launch and iteration
- Have experience in product design for B2B products, productivity/communication tools, or internal tools
- Have experience in-house working agilely and collaboratively with PMs and engineers
- Are proficient in Figma or similar
- Are self-organized with your time and work, and seek out resources to accomplish projects and navigate ambiguity
- Are investigative and inquisitive about product goals from a company, industry, and user perspective, fostering a learning culture both within the design team and the larger organization (No prior healthcare experience is required, but you are excited to learn about science, medicine, data, and regulation!)
Back to top