We’re looking for product designers in NYC who want to use their skills to change the future of medicine.
At TrialSpark, our mission is to bring new medical treatments to patients faster by reimagining the clinical trial process.
Today, running a clinical trial is a deeply manual process involving the coordination of numerous people and processes to ensure the protection of patient safety, informed consent, and the integrity of study data. To do this, it takes years (sometimes decades) and millions of dollars—which means that only a tiny fraction of promising new treatments ever get tested, let alone make it into the hands of patients who need them most.
We’re building a single technology and data platform to power full clinical trials. Join us in advancing the speed of medical research and getting new treatments to patients faster.
What you'll work on
In this role, you’ll be responsible for Pilot, our platform for research professionals running end-to-end clinical trials. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the product’s design vision and creating solutions that are appropriately informed by company strategy, regulatory requirements, user needs, and data
- Producing excellent pixel-level design deliverables that support consistent, elegant user experiences
- Working closely with engineers and product managers to understand engineering complexity, define MVPs, and ensure product excellence through launch and iteration
- Acting as a leader on the design team through thoughtful feedback and proactive improvement of team processes, patterns, and systems
In your first 6-12 months, you can expect to work on a wide range of projects, including:
- Iterating on the companion app that our physicians and in-house research coordinators use to facilitate patient visits
- Shaping workflows for data managers and biostatisticians to standardize, clean, and analyze clinical research data
- Creating oversight tools for operations teams to understand trial status and ensure every step of the trial is being completed according to regulatory standards
- Originating new trial operations tools as our platform grows!
You may be a good fit if
- You have 2+ years of experience shipping products and collaborating with a cross-functional product team (This will be a mid- or senior-level role depending on your previous experience.)
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates deep passion and expertise in UX and UI design, including product strategy, information architecture, interaction patterns, and visual design
- You have a high comfort level working within a self-directed culture, solving complex problems, and navigating ambiguity
- You actively seek input from others, but you are decisive and can move projects forward. You can demonstrate that you have rallied teams behind your vision, such as through storytelling, research insights, carefully constructed rationale, and facilitation skill
- You’re not afraid of getting technical. No prior healthcare experience is required, but you are excited to learn about science, medicine, data, and regulation
- You are organized and strive for craft and discipline in the face of the messy realities of early-stage product
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top