- Hoboken, NJ
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a new healthcare company that owns the end-to-end drug development process. Our proprietary technology allows us to integrate and improve clinical research for patients, providers, and sponsors, while executing clinical trials faster and cheaper.
At TrialSpark, the Finance team is responsible for providing quality and timely insights to the leadership team and key stakeholders to achieve the company’s business goals in a financially sustainable manner. As a Director, Finance at TrialSpark, you will be partnering with accounting and key business stakeholders to develop modeling for strategic business questions, forecasts, budget to actual reports, and other ad-hoc analyses as needed. Additionally, you will be responsible for building out critical processes and infrastructure to ensure the Finance function scales sustainably and continually provides timely and quality insights to drive the company.
In this position, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day management of the Strategic Finance and FP&A team
- Lead the annual budgeting process and long-term financial planning
- Managing and updating our rolling company forecast based on inputs from accounting, operations, and functional teams
- Setting study-level budgets with our operations teams and working closely with accounting to monitor and review financial performance against budget with P&L owners
- Recommending actionable and measurable KPIs that drive study performance to key stakeholders based on financial insights
- Working with the Accounting team in the creation and review of financial reports and analyses with P&L owners, senior management, board of directors, etc.
- Identifying and implementing tools to help the team continually produce high quality and timely reports and analyses as the business scales, e.g. Adaptive
- Providing ad hoc analysis and modeling to support business decisions as needed
Qualifications and Experience
You’d be a great fit for this position if you have 7 plus years of relevant experience and:
- Prior finance experience at a Series B / C company preferred
- MBA, CFA, or CPA preferred
- Prior experience managing a team
- Prior experience with Adaptive, Host, or other financial planning software preferred
- You can balance multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- You are able to clearly communicate complex financial terms to people without a financial background
- You are strong self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity yet drives towards clarity
- You constantly look for ways to improve how we do things
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top