Clinical Project Manager
- Hoboken, NJ
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a technology company that brings new medical treatments to patients faster. We’re reimagining the clinical trial by introducing a new model, using technology to streamline every aspect of the trial. To fulfill our mission, we partner with pharma, biotech, and digital health companies to run studies faster and more efficiently.
About the position
As a Clinical Project Manager, you will play a key role in the development of TrialSpark’s full study offering, positioning us as a modern alternative to a CRO. We are looking for an experienced project manager who can drive our Project Management strategy, establishing the systems and processes TrialSpark uses to deliver fast, high quality studies. As part of your role, you’ll partner closely with other leaders across the company, contributing to TrialSpark’s broader CRO strategy and build out. Additionally, as a founding member of the Project Management team, you will be responsible for managing the execution of our growing portfolio of POC, Phase II, and real-world evidence studies.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Using industry knowledge, experience, and first-principles thinking to refine our strategy for delivering key study services, with a primary focus on Project Management.
- Leading execution of TrialSpark’s initial portfolio of POC, Phase II, and real-world evidence studies, including oversight of trial performance, management of vendors, and leadership of cross-functional study teams.
- Developing clinical trial timelines and budgets, and ensuring study teams deliver against time, quality, and cost targets.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams from Operations, Data Management, Medical, Engineering, QA, and more to develop capabilities.
- Represent TrialSpark to study sponsors, including driving reporting and updates.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, and other internal teams to define how we go to market, and support new business pitches.
- Lend industry expertise across TrialSpark, helping us plot our route toward making clinical trials faster, more efficient, and higher quality.
Skills, abilities, and knowledge
- A demonstrated ability to plan and lead teams in executing complex global clinical trials.
- Deep experience with all aspects of study management, including feasibility, study planning and budgeting, study resourcing, vendor management, risk management, stakeholder management, and more.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of clinical research concepts, practices, and regulations.
- Critical thinker with ability to step back and rethink legacy assumptions in the clinical research space; should be able to point to what’s wrong, and how you would do it differently if starting from scratch.
- Excellent cross-functional partnership skills; you know how to work across an organization to achieve objectives and meet timelines.
- Solid written and oral communication skills; can synthesize complex concepts and deliver messages clearly.
- Competency with data analysis: should have intermediate+ ability with Excel, and fluency with managing to metrics and key performance indicators.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years biopharma industry experience
- 3+ years of clinical project management experience at a biopharma company or CRO
- BS required, preferably in life sciences or a related field; advanced degree preferred
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top