Chief of Staff
- Hoboken, NJ
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $100M+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a technology company that brings new medical treatments to patients faster. We’re reimagining the clinical trial by introducing a new model, using technology to streamline every aspect of the trial. To fulfill our mission, we partner with pharma, biotech, and digital health companies to run studies faster and more efficiently.
As Chief of Staff, you will report into our CEO and work with him on the strategic and operational activities that drive the company forward. This will be a rewarding, intense, high-growth, and demanding role exposing you to all aspects of TrialSpark’s business. Ideal candidates are hard working, strategic, proactive, highly organized, and structured.
You will serve as a force-multiplier to the CEO, managing the CEO’s priorities, overseeing company initiatives such as OKRs, leadership offsites, and spearheading special projects.
Meeting preparation and prioritization
You will help the CEO ensure that company priorities are driven forward with urgency. This includes reviewing, organizing and synthesizing metrics/initiatives to support company priority setting. You will also help the executive team make better decisions and more quickly, by providing data and insights, creating frameworks and outlining possible scenarios.
Manage the OKR and annual planning processes, provide support with board meeting prep, create decision-making frameworks, manage All Hands programming. In partnership with our Executive Support team, you will also put in to place and oversee operational procedures that help the CEO better manage their meetings, team, and workload.
Spearhead special strategic projects:
You will lead special projects across the company that align with company priorities. This may include business planning, launching newCos, interrogating strategic paths forward.
Key qualifications for this role include:
- Undergraduate degree or higher in a relevant discipline
- 5+ years experience in Finance, Consulting and/or Healthcare required
- Tact, diplomacy, and discretion: You’ll be working across all teams and will be privy to sensitive information
- Excitement for the mission: We’re passionate about bringing medical treatments to patients faster, and think it’s important you are too
- Kind, thoughtful, and low ego: We look for folks who have these attributes, as we think they are key contributors to a great company culture
- You are a first principles thinker
- Incredibly curious: fast learner, motivated, resourceful
- Exposure to biotech deal-making and financing is a plus
What success behaviors look like:
- You have a strong ownership mentality and are able to figure things out independently
- You proactively look for ways to help the CEO be more effective
- You are intellectually curious and have a high learning rate
- Extremely organized and structured
- You are excellent at building frameworks and processes
- You are a great listener
- Strong communications skills and able to represent the perspective of others
- Emotionally intelligent and able to drive cross functional projects forward
- You have high horsepower and are able to execute with urgency
- Strong problem solving skills
- Comfortable working weekends and keeping up with a demanding schedule
- Ability to learn about and flex across various functions: you will likely do things like communications, board preparation, perhaps for the first time
- You have and expect a high quality bar
- Selfless and willing to put the needs of the company ahead of personal ambitions
- Run at problems with urgency, data, curiosity, and humility
- Figure it out when there’s no playbook!
- An excellent Chief of Staff transforms their executive into the best version of themselves.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top