TravelClick offers world-class reservations solutions, business intelligence products and comprehensive media and internet marketing solutions to 38,000 hotel clients in over 160 countries globally, with 1000+ employees operating out of offices in New York, Barcelona, Melbourne, Singapore, Chicago, Atlanta and Orlando. We help our clients generate revenue and build their brands by providing the tools to make better business decisions, generate demand from the right mix of distribution channels and convert more shoppers into high-value guests.
Our award-winning web solutions business provides hosted websites and digital marketing services to thousands of hotels around the world. Our track record of innovation and performance has earned us and our clients over 360 website design awards since 2007 from the IMA, W3, WebAwards, Davey, and the HSMAI Adrian Awards.
We’re looking for unique individuals who not only have the vision and artistic talent to imagine a great UI, but also someone with the technical talent to make it a reality.
At the same time, we’ll count on your excellent communication and organizational skills to liaise with colleagues, clients and fellow vendors to get the job done. This is a very dynamic position, requiring the ability to stay on top of several projects simultaneously. This is a high-intensity position, providing a great growth opportunity for a motivated candidate. We are looking at very rapid expansion for our company and are looking for someone to take the lead on our UIdesign and implementation.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ year’s professional experience as a user experience designer or UI designer.
- Experience working multiple teams: product leads, design, engineering, business analysts, and project managers.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates a strong user experience skill-set for large scale projects (portfolio link required).
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and complete them under time and schedule constraints.
- Be an analytical thinker who can manage complex scenarios and distill highly complex issues into clean, focused, understandable solutions.
- Be iterative and fast to produce design suggestions and alternative solutions.
- Thrive from critique and be willing to throw away ideas as fast as you make them.
- Have a degree related to interface design, Human Computer Interaction or similar
- Have affinity for aesthetics, typography, color, and design consistency, an understanding of how to create a compelling design systemand -aesthetic and user interactions/ -patterns.
- Work by the principles of user centered, goal directed and contextual designs
- Proficiency in Axure and Adobe CS, possible Sketch
- Experience and understanding of Bootstraps, HTML5, latest CSS technologies and how these apply to responsive design
- Be able to demonstrate design and problem solving skills from previous positions or project
- Must be a collaborator able to hear and negotiate various points of view with ease and sense of humor.
- Must be goal-focused, able to get buy-in from Product owners and technology teams.
- Must be a go-getter with a focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Detail-Oriented nitpicker with an eye for big picture, patient to work out requirements and flow tangles.
- Must have User advocate and passionate about product usability.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a technology emphasis, art degree with UX/UI focus or equivalent experience
Back to top