Technical Support Specialist
The Technical Support Specialist, Hotel Systems provides technical support for products including TravelClick's Central Reservation System, Business Intelligence solutions, and web products, directly to our global hotel customers via email, and phone. Our Technical Support Specialist dig into technical issues and handle cases through resolution. They must determine root cause of issues, resolving on the first attempt if possible, accurately documenting case issues in our CRM (Salesforce.com).
Our Technical Support Specialist are part of a cohesive and critical team at TravelClick ensuring that our clients receive the best possible service and support while solving technical issues. This team is constantly learning and growing as they work across functions to assist clients. The knowledge that you build on this team can set you down many different future career paths at TravelClick including product support, sales, implementations, technology/ product development, and account management.
This is a full time position and shifts will be between 8:00AM-8:00PM EST, and Technical Support Specialist must have the flexibility to work any day of the week, including weekends.
- Provide efficient and prompt customer follow-up on unresolved issues. Coordinate efforts with other support teams when necessary
- Research existing processes using knowledge base software and available job aids
- Utilize previous hospitality and customer services experience and the provided process flows and be able to apply that knowledge to trouble shoot issues and assist customers
- Complete all training requirements resulting from ongoing quality monitoring assessments
- Ensure Quality processes and customer satisfaction on all customer interactions
- Educate customers on the TravelClick products and training resources available
- Identify and communicate critical issues quickly and escalate to appropriate points of contact
- Keep up-to-date with frequently changing processes and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- One - Two years of Customer Service, Technical Support, and Troubleshooting experience required, preferably in the Hospitality Industry
- Support/ Help Desk or Issue Resolution experience required
- Customer facing experience through live phone and email contact
- Must type a minimum of 35 WPM and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and CRM utilization
- Analytical problem-solver with talent for identifying root causes and understanding complex work processes which are used to resolve customer issues and able to make solid judgment calls when new or unexpected situations arise
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Personable professional who is a relationship-builder and who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues
- Ability, patience and self-confidence to work with inexperienced or frustrated customers who may not be familiar with our products or procedures
- Process driven problem solver with ability to follow directions and process flows and must display sound judgment and common sense
- Consistently energetic performer with an upbeat, positive attitude that will show through to our customers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience preferred
Meet Some of TravelClick's Employees
Product Manager, Reservations Solutions
Lauren oversees the product development of TravelClick’s user-facing software platforms, monitoring tech trends to push for industry innovation and strategy for satisfied clients.
Back to top