Travelclick is looking for a talented System Engineer to support our 24x7 operations environment. Ideal candidate will have a passion for solving complex systems and infrastructure problems, while also capable of deploying sophisticated technology solutions. Candidates should have extensive experience working in Data Center environment supporting high-volume OLTP and business critical applications. Should have hands on experience with scripting and automation for continuous improvement and stability in environment. Solid Linux systems administration and SAN administration experience is a must. Resource must be able to interact with Architecture, Development and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions to attain high availability scalability and reliability.
• Responsible for management of all Linux Systems, SAN and NAS storage solutions and all compute and virtualization infrastructure
• Provide 24x7 support for all production and non production environments and ensure 99.999 SLA for system uptime.
• Ability to operationalize routine system maintenance, performance tuning analysis and system patching.
• Demonstrable ability to identify, troubleshoot complex technical issues
• Demonstrable ability to optimize and tune systems for specific roles, services or processes.
• Perform routine administration duties, implement and monitor operational metrics to provide data for continuous process improvement
• Deliver availability and response/resolution metrics that meet or exceed defined Service Level Objectives
• System capacity planning
• Responsible for insuring that systems security guidelines adhere to PCI compliance standards.
• Annual System Audit
● Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
● 2-3 years of experience with:
○ RHEL, OEL 5.x – 7.x system implementation support in 24/7/365 environments running multi-tiered applications.
○ VMWare 5.x – 6.x Virtualization
○ Cisco UCS Environment
○ SAN and NAS based storage solutions – HP 3Par, Pure, IBM XIV, NetApp
○ Backup Solutions - (Symantec Netbackup Enterprise Data Center)
○ Satellite / Spacewalk system Management
○ Benchmarking tools for iops, network, and system stress testing.
● Strong knowledge of Shell /Perl Scripting
● Chef Automation
● SMTP – Sendmail , Postfix
● Experience working in high availability, high transactional, E-commerce or similar environments.
● Work rotational shifts and occasional change windows during evenings and weekends.
● Provides emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Apache / IIS Web Server
• Syslog application
• OSSEC File Integrity application
• Windows 2003 / 2008 Server System
• Active Directory
• WSUS Server – Windows Patch Management
Meet Some of TravelClick's Employees
Product Manager, Reservations Solutions
Lauren oversees the product development of TravelClick’s user-facing software platforms, monitoring tech trends to push for industry innovation and strategy for satisfied clients.
Back to top