Sr. Java Developer
Do you want to work on SaaS software products that lead an industry and that support nearly one billion transactions a month? Are you an expert coder who wants to show what you’re made of and learn from an exceptional team along the way? Do you have experience with or interest in high volume, low latency, realtime systems? If so, read on, and we’d love to hear from you!
As a Software Developer at TravelClick, you must be comfortable working on multiple and various systems. You must be able to demonstrate expertise and passion that sets you apart from others. To be an ideal candidate, you must understand data structures, communications, fault tolerance, and other key software engineering concepts. You will apply these concepts to specific and challenging problems we face as we rebuild a significant portion of our stack to support our rapid growth strategy. And you need to have fun while doing all of this!
You will partner with various people to create mind blowing solutions: other TravelClick developers, vendor partners, product management, and more. We are an agile shop and are constantly looking at ways to eliminate bureaucracy and optimize personal and collective performance.
- Developing Java server software with impeccable design and flawless precision
- Talking to clients to find out how our software can help them do their jobs better
- Liaising with customer support and technical support to diagnose and solve issues
- Performance tuning and analyzing memory allocation
- Documenting product releases
- Performing code reviews
- Supporting and guiding your colleagues
- Minimum BS degree in engineering, science or math-related fields
- Our application development team is seeking a java developer with 7+ years experience (including internships) in core Java development (especially for real time high volume systems)
- Knowledge of databases and data structures, MySQL related development experience preferred
- Experience with open source, Linux (transactional base or service bus experience)
- Agile development experience
- Our best java developers have strong knowledge of design patterns (required)
- Strong knowledge of a source control system (CVS, ClearCase, Subversion)
- Experience with JQuery Mobile, Backbone, Underscore (preferred)
- YUI, Google Analytics (including Reporting API) (nice to have)
- Java Developer will have experience working with XML, web services, WSDL and XSD.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and ability to multi-task in a results oriented business environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to lead and coach the most out of developers
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Past experience with leading software developers (required)
- Inquisitive and probing in dealing with business analysts and product managers
Back to top