Product Manager, Integrations
Are you looking to grow your career in the travel technology space? TravelClick leads the industry in innovative hospitality solutions, and you will be a key leader. We have a proven track record of giving high-potential individuals significant responsibilities and developing talent to grow careers.
As the Product Integrations Manager you will lead the process for technical discovery and development of new integrations with global partners critical to TravelClick’s growth. As a member of the Product team, you will be the subject matter expert working closely with the technology development team at TravelClick and our Partners to define, scope, and release new integrations. This role will also leverage knowledge of systems integration technologies (i.e. web services, SOAP, XML) and the latest industry specifications (i.e. HTNG 2014B) to deliver new ideas and plans for scaling TravelClick’s API functionality with Property Management Systems (PMS), Revenue Management Systems (RMS), and Meta Partners among others.
Working closely with Product Management, Business Development, IT Development and QA teams, you will ensure requirements are realized correctly throughout the software development lifecycle. As the Product Manager for API Integrations you will drive product functionality decisions that deliver the maximum amount of business value.
To adequately fulfill these responsibilities, you will need to maintain knowledge of PMS and RMS and Meta technology and industry trends. You will need to be comfortable with high degrees of complexity that demand significant conceptualization and initiative. Most importantly you will be accountable for driving a disciplined product development and partner integrations process in a timely and effective manner to achieve outcomes.
This role is not part of the IT department, but rather part of the Product team. If you have a background as an IT Business Analyst or Product Owner, this is an opportunity to move towards Product Management.
- Work closely with Product Management, Development and QA team to ensure requirements are interpreted correctly in detailed design specifications and in the construction of the API product
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats (both with internal and external partners)
- Drive new features/functionality by creating requirements; documenting user stories; writing specifications; and collaborating with IT
- Oversee key partner gap assessments by analyzing partner specifications and establishing a project to drive the new integration by identifying project milestones, phases, and requirements
- Ability to develop strong relationships to influence partners and technology / product teams to a mutual and timely outcome
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation
- Provide Product Q&A support to Sales, Account Management and Customer Support
- Improve API integrations by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field
- 4+ years of Business Analyst or Product Delivery experience
- Strong technical knowledge of how Property Management Systems and/or Central Reservation Systems relate to and work with each other
- Ability to represent the Product team as a key subject-matter expert of API integrations to internal and external executives
- Working knowledge and experience in Business Analysis techniques such as Software Documentation, Software Development Lifecycle, Agile, Software Requirements, User Stories
- Working knowledge of OTA and HTNG standards is preferred
- Ability to learn a new domain
- Strong work ethic
- Efficient time management and ability to prioritize tasks are a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication along with analytical and critical thinking/problem solving skills are essential
Back to top